Jerrod

DCF in Saint Petersburg

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

I will be filling the I-130 in SPB, Russia Monday. This is a bit different than the I-130 documents listed here (by consulate request).

Here is my checklist:

1. Cover Letter with itemized list (should this be seperate?)

2. The I-130 form

3. Two G325A forms filled out completly. We will be using her old name with new name in () since she hasn't changed it yet.

4. 2 photos of each of us

5. Copy of data page of US passport

6. Vicky's divorce decree in Russian and in English

7. International Passport data copy page (this is in both English and Russian so there should be no reason to have it translated, right?)

8. Internal Passport data copy page

9. Vicky's birth certificate

10. Marriage certificate

*important* please look carefully. Is this sufficient?

11. Proof of a real marriage

A. A biography of our relationship

B. A set of pictures from the USA in the following order

B. 1. Picture from September 2005 when we were only friends

B. 2. Picture from when we first started dating 10/05

B. 2. Family vacation 11/24/05 Memphis Tennesse Elvis's home (with sign)

C. A set of pictures from us meeting two different times in Finland (should I include visa stamps?)

C. 1. Finnish National Opera House 3/9/06

C. 2. Stockholm City Hall 3/7/06

Second Meeting

C. 4. Finnish island base 5/7/06

D. A set of pictures from Russia (all with landmarks like famous churches, kremlins, etc..)

D. 1. September 06 SPB

D. 2. Feb. 07 Novgorod Kremlin family vacation

April Pictures of Honeymoon

D. 3. Moscow Kremlin

D. 4. Rostov the Great, us dressed up like Tsars with the kremlin in the background

June Pictures of Wedding

(our professional pictures are not ready yet, so I will be using non-professional, but in the pictures you can clearly see the film maker and the official camera woman, is this OK?)

D. 5. Picture from Wedding

D. 6. Picture from after wedding

D. 7. Professional picture from our second photoshoot

D. 8. Professional picture from our second photoshoot

E. A non-sworn affidavite from my father attesting to the relationship

F. A sworn affidavite from my bestman who has known me as long as I have lived in Russia (this may not happen, he is out of town)

That is it for the checklist. Does it look sound?

What is the interview like? The consulate says that after we submit the documents we will be given something known as packet 3 and 4 (I know what this is). Then to contact the Moscow Embassy in 4 weeks. Now, wouldn't they give us this ONLY if the I-130 is approved? Thus, we should know right then and there if the application is approved?

Thanks for your time,

Jerrod

June 26 2007: I filed the I-130 in Saint Petersburg Russia

July 4 2007: I return to the USA

July 9 2007: I receive a request for additional information

July 11 2007: They receive the information

August 2 2007: I receive a letter from the DHS that the process is complete and sent to the embassy

August 15 2007: Vicky receives packet 3 and 4.

October 2 2007: Vicky gets the visa

DCF is fast and the way to go.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.