LostAtHome

I864 needed at interview?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi. My wife is scheduled for interview in a week...in HCM CITY VIETNAM...Every documents is finished..but is the I864 needed to be shown? Am confused because I send to the NVC already and was approved! I send her another set(not copies, but the same filled out). And all my tax forms. My Income shown is only 8000 this year ( i have a business) but my co-sponsor is 20.000. I that enough? The person who helps prepare the papers over there wants me to have at least 18.000. He said its gonna be a problem. What I don't understand is that if my amount is insufficient, why would the NVC approved? And why is the I864 reviewed at the interview? Am worried sick because I don't understand whats going on.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Hi. My wife is scheduled for interview in a week...in HCM CITY VIETNAM...Every documents is finished..but is the I864 needed to be shown? Am confused because I send to the NVC already and was approved! I send her another set(not copies, but the same filled out). And all my tax forms. My Income shown is only 8000 this year ( i have a business) but my co-sponsor is 20.000. I that enough? The person who helps prepare the papers over there wants me to have at least 18.000. He said its gonna be a problem. What I don't understand is that if my amount is insufficient, why would the NVC approved? And why is the I864 reviewed at the interview? Am worried sick because I don't understand whats going on.

What do you mean "The person who helps prepare the papers over there"? Are you talking about a lawyer in Vietnam? If so I don't think he's aware you have a co-sponsor. I don't see why you would need an extra 18k on top of 20k from your co-sponsor. The poverty guidelines for 2 are $17,112.50 so maybe thats where he got the 18k from.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.