18 posts in this topic

On 6/25/2020 at 8:09 AM, MattyUKtoUS said:

I must be checking the UK - US Embassy page 20 times a day for an update of when they plan to open up to the mission critical visas which CR1 is included in. 

I desperately need some news on this. It's affecting my mental health.

Matt

I feel the same way

On 6/25/2020 at 11:15 AM, JuliePineParker said:

Hi all, I am in the US and my husband is in New Zealand. We started this process in October 2018. Our paperwork was approved by NVC on 20 May 2020 and now we are waiting on the Consulate interview! The US Consulate in Auckland is completely re-opened EXCEPT for Immigrant visa interviews. They have NO idea when they will start interviews again and they refer us to NVC. NVC and the Dept of State Consular services tell us to monitor the US Consulate website.

It's going round in circles. New Zealand is virtually Covid-19 free so we don't understand why my husband can't get his interview and immigrate ASAP.

Its so frustrating 😫 

I would rather have the interview and be approved and perhaps wait to travel, but not even knowing when you will hear from NVC is a making me crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

Update from U.S. Embassy & Consulates in the United Kingdom:

UPDATE: As of July 27, 2020, the United States Embassy in London and as of August 3, 2020 the United States Consulate General in Belfast are resuming certain immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services, including: immigrant visas for spouses and children of U.S. citizens; F-1 and M-1 student visa categories.

While we aim to process cases as soon as practicable, there are likely to be increased wait times for completing such services due to substantial backlogs. The MRV fee is valid and may be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment.

Hopefully those of us who have interviews in London will start getting appointments scheduled in August!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.