MKY

Marriage Certificate/Nikah Nama

9 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 4/21/2020 at 11:21 AM, MKY said:

I am from Pakistan. I only submitted the Marriage Certificate from NADRA to NVC. I now came to know that they need English and Urdu Nikah nama too. Can I add these documents to additional documents now? 

Hey 

For my case, i didn't upload the NADRA marriage certificate and they sent me this message. "PAKISTAN requires more than one marriage document. Please delete any marriage certificates and submit all of required documents together at the same time." So i believe you should delete your previously submitted certificate and upload all three copies at the same time.

Timeline
On 5/8/2020 at 7:43 AM, Aly2211 said:

Hey 

For my case, i didn't upload the NADRA marriage certificate and they sent me this message. "PAKISTAN requires more than one marriage document. Please delete any marriage certificates and submit all of required documents together at the same time." So i believe you should delete your previously submitted certificate and upload all three copies at the same time.

Yes I got the same reply. You have to upload urdu Nikah nama, translated English Nikah nama and nadra marriage certificate in the same pdf file. 

On 4/21/2020 at 11:21 PM, MKY said:

I am from Pakistan. I only submitted the Marriage Certificate from NADRA to NVC. I now came to know that they need English and Urdu Nikah nama too. Can I add these documents to additional documents now? 

salam 

just want to know what u have submitted to uscis ....and they didnt ask u avout english translation ??

1 minute ago, MKY said:

At NVC stage it definitely matters. Can’t say about USCIS 

okay now lock down is eased i hope u get the right documents uploaded ...best of luck ...please pray for me that i dnt rfe for nikkah nama from.uscis as i didnt sent english translation .i submiited nadra certificate and orignal urdu .hope for best thanks

• 1 month later...

Hello, i have received a msg from Nvc to submit the nikkah nama in english. Kindly tell if i need to translate the original nikkah nama in english along with the signatures of bride groom and witnesses? 2. Should the english translation be stamped with union council authority just like the urdu original one? 3. Should i just get the english translation and notarize it ? Also there are two versions of English Nikkah, one format which is in english from masjid imam and the other version is from the guys outside the court..which one is acceptable? Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.