mychelle

Latest Info on I-134 for Manila Embassy?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i'm asking on behalf of someone else. i tried to do a search but it's taking too long. :D for the financial support documents...

- as of today...I-134 notarized or not? i read the packet 4 letter and it does not say notarize anymore.

- tax return & W2 requirement - latest year only, right?

- employment letter still required?

- latest paystubs required? if so, 3-6 months worth?

- bank letter optional?

did i miss anything else?

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

- as of today...I-134 notarized or not? i read the packet 4 letter and it does not say notarize anymore. - I-134 should be notarized

- tax return & W2 requirement - latest year only, right? - Yes, but you can also prepare the past 3 years just in case, most often CO's and pre-interviewers are not consistent with what documents they will ask from the applicant...-

- employment letter still required? - Yes. The latest, if possible.

- latest paystubs required? if so, 3-6 months worth? - YES, atleast 6 months and less, latest as possible like April or May.

- bank letter optional? - YES

- did i miss anything else?

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

^thanks for the quick response. i did not want to give wrong info.

Fate is building a bridge of chance for the one you love...

K1 (I-129F) to CSC to Manila Embassy, Philippines

Sent : 01-28-2006 / Interview: 09-14-2006 / POE: 10-11-2006 / Applied for SSN card: 11-17-2006 / Received SSN card: 11-27-2006 / Got Hitched: 11-09-2006 !!!

AOS and EAD Application

Sent via USPS Priority: 11-28-2006 / Received @ Chicago: 12-01-2006 / NOA1 AOS & EAD: 12-06-2006 / Biometrics Appt: 12-22-2006 / Interview Date: 03-13-2007 / EAD Card Production Ordered: 02-15-2007 / EAD Card Sent: 02-20-2007 / EAD Card Received: 02-22-2007

[Approved: 03-13-2007 / GC Received: 03-22-2007 / CA License Issued: 04-12-2007 / Removing Conditions: 12-13-2008]

Removing Conditions

Sent via USPS Priority: 12-19-2008 / Received @ CSC: 12-22-2008 / NOA: 12-25-2008 / Biometrics Appt: 01-14-2009 / Card Production ordered: 02-13-2009 / GC Received: sometime in March 2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

when a friend called the embassy recently to ask about I-134 to be notarized or not... Embassy said its ok, they already accept it not being notarized... (i think its something new or someone correct me if im wrong) but to be on the safe side, have your I-134 notarized....

when a friend called the embassy recently to ask about I-134 to be notarized or not... Embassy said its ok, they already accept it not being notarized... (i think its something new or someone correct me if im wrong) but to be on the safe side, have your I-134 notarized....

I-134 needs to be notarized

I-864 need not be notarized as sponsor is signing under penalty of perjury

- as of today...I-134 notarized or not? i read the packet 4 letter and it does not say notarize anymore. - I-134 should be notarized

- tax return & W2 requirement - latest year only, right? - Yes, but you can also prepare the past 3 years just in case, most often CO's and pre-interviewers are not consistent with what documents they will ask from the applicant...-

- latest paystubs required? if so, 3-6 months worth? - YES, atleast 6 months and less, latest as possible like April or May.

This is the first I have heard about pay stubs....but I was told 3 years of tax returns and the bank letter were mandatory. I have the employment letter coming in the mail now...

I think I am rapidly becoming confused with this process :blink:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

08/13/2007 Interview date... Approved!!!

08/17/2007 Arrive in the US

09/08/2007 Wedding in Las Vegas!

AOS

10/11/2007 AOS mailed overnight to Chicago Lockbox

10/24/2007 NOA for AOS and EAD

11/20/2007 Biometrics Appointment

12/05/2007 EAD Approved, Card Production Ordered!

12/14/2007 EAD Card Received

12/21/2007 Transfered to CSC!

01/28/2008 Green Card and Welcome letter received in the mail!

ROC

10/29/2009 Packet Overnighted to CSC

11/06/2009 NOA Letter Recieved

11/16/2009 Biometrics Appointment Letter

12/02/2009 Biometrics Completed!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is the first I have heard about pay stubs....but I was told 3 years of tax returns and the bank letter were mandatory. I have the employment letter coming in the mail now...

Below is what I was told by an agency to send to my fiance so who knows. There is so much information that is different it is easy to get your head to start spinning. It would be nice to see an official document stating what is REALLY needed. I can't find one. I would also assume that everyone should be bring the same required documents. I'm not an attorney and won't pretend to be one but it doesn't seem right to ask this from one person and ask something different from another. Same thing goes for the questions that they ask, one would think they have to ask everyone the same questions or someone could complain of discrimination (????).

Original, completed, signed and notarized I-134 (Affidavit of Support). Employment Letter and a copy of the letter attached to the original.

Original Bank Letter and a copy of the letter attached to the original.

Savings Bank Statement a copy of the most recent statement.

Tax Return for the most recent yearn (2006). You will need to notarize the first page of your most recent tax return and include W-2’s.

Updated copies of emails, letters and phone bills. This is extremely important as evidence of communication.

Photos of you two together.

Certified copy of your final divorce decree. The US Embassy will not accept photocopies.

Anyone out there have the facts?

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Below is what I was told by an agency to send to my fiance so who knows. There is so much information that is different it is easy to get your head to start spinning. It would be nice to see an official document stating what is REALLY needed. I can't find one. I would also assume that everyone should be bring the same required documents. I'm not an attorney and won't pretend to be one but it doesn't seem right to ask this from one person and ask something different from another. Same thing goes for the questions that they ask, one would think they have to ask everyone the same questions or someone could complain of discrimination (????).

Original, completed, signed and notarized I-134 (Affidavit of Support). Employment Letter and a copy of the letter attached to the original.

Original Bank Letter and a copy of the letter attached to the original.

Savings Bank Statement a copy of the most recent statement.

Tax Return for the most recent yearn (2006). You will need to notarize the first page of your most recent tax return and include W-2’s.

Updated copies of emails, letters and phone bills. This is extremely important as evidence of communication.

Photos of you two together.

Certified copy of your final divorce decree. The US Embassy will not accept photocopies.

Anyone out there have the facts?

Charlie

OK this is from the US Embassy website...

http://usembassy.state.gov/posts/rp1/wwwfivk1.pdf

You must bring the following documentation when you come to the Embassy for your interview:

1. PROOF OF PAYMENT. The application fee for a K1 or K2 nonimmigrant visa is US$100 (or the

Philippine peso equivalent at the prevailing exchange rate) which should be paid by each applicant at

designated branches of the Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) and Citibank (see attached list). The

bank will validate your payment on the DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form which you will

find in this packet.

2. REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. It is important that you submit ALL of the following documentation to

facilitate the processing of your application. You may be asked to return for another appointment

if you fail to bring any of these documents:

a. PASSPORT. You must have a passport valid for at least six (6) months. If you do not have one,

you should apply in person at the Passport Division of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA),

Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City, Metro Manila. For passport renewal, you can call the DFA

Information Center at 02-737-1000.

b. DS-156 NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (enclosed). Each applicant must submit two

(2) completed copies of this form.

c. DS-157 SUPPLEMENTAL NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (enclosed). Each

applicant must submit two (2) completed copies of this form.

d. DS-156K NONIMMIGRANT FIANCE(E) VISA APPLICATION (enclosed). Each applicant

must submit one (1) completed copy of this form. This form is not required for K2 applicants.

e. BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Your birth certificate should be a copy issued by the National Statistics

Office (NSO) and printed on NSO security paper. If applicable, you should also submit NSO birth

certificates for all your children, even for those who are not applying for a visa. You may call the

NSO Information Center at 02-737-1111 to inquire on securing a birth certificate or visit their

website at http://www.census.gov.ph. If the NSO does not have a copy of the birth certificates, you

must obtain a statement about its unavailability from the NSO and a certified birth certificate from

the local registrar in the town where you were born.

f. NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for

Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in

the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames

ever used, including different spellings you have used of those names. An official letter of

explanation from the NBI is required if an NBI Clearance has any of the following notations: “No

Criminal Record,” “No Criminal Conviction,” “No Pending Case,” or “With Derogatory Record.”

g. OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. Applicants aged 16 years and older must also

present police certificates from other countries where they have lived for six (6) months or more

after reaching the age of 16. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained

in any maiden names, aliases or nicknames ever used while in the country in question, including

different spellings you have used of those names. Information on how to secure police certificates

from other countries is available on the Department of State’s website at

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/index.htm

h. EVIDENCE OF A MEETING PRIOR TO THE PETITION. You and your petitioner must

have physically been together at some point within two years before the petition was filed. Proof of

this meeting should be submitted unless the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

waives this requirement. A few photographs of the applicant and petitioner together during the

specified time may serve as evidence of this requirement.

i. EVIDENCE OF A GENUINE ENGAGEMENT. Letters, e-mails, phone records, bank records,

photographs, or other evidence of a genuine fiancé(e) relationship should be submitted.

j. PROOF OF TERMINATION OF A PRIOR MARRIAGE. If applicable, official documents

(divorce decree, annulment decree or death certificate) that prove all prior marriages contracted by

you and the petitioner have been legally terminated prior to the filing of the petition must be

submitted.

k. EVIDENCE OF SUPPORT. You should be able to demonstrate that you will not become a public

charge or be a burden on the U.S. taxpayers for financial support. Submit your petitioner’s most

recent U.S. Federal income tax return (Form 1040) and wage statements (Form W-2). Employment

letters stating salaries and bank statements may be included. A completed I-134 Affidavit of

Support Form will be useful to the consular officer to evaluate your petitioner’s ability to be

financially responsible for you.

l. VISA PHOTOGRAPHS. You must bring two (2) colored photographs printed according to given

specifications (see attached guide). The specifications for visa photos should be strictly observed.

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

AOS

ROC

Timeline

I found this infor in the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide post- The Packet 4 currently sent from the USE to the beneficiaries INCORRECTLY states :oops: that the DS-156 (Nonimmigrant Visa Application) is validated by the banks upon paying the visa application fee. The pdf file for the Packet 4 link (above) is modified to CORRECTLY read that the DS-157 (Supplemental Nonimmigrant Application) is the form validated by the bank upon paying the visa application fee.

It is apparent that the Embassy is incorrectly telling people to get the DS 156 validated by the Bank when it is really the DS 157. I also noticed is says nothing about a bank letter but does say only the most recent tax return is needed. It also says nothing about anything being notarized. This could go on and on.

I'm going to need a vacation after this process is over.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i'm asking on behalf of someone else. i tried to do a search but it's taking too long. :D for the financial support documents...

- as of today...I-134 notarized or not? i read the packet 4 letter and it does not say notarize anymore.

- bank letter optional?

FWIW I used only 4 paystubs - the equivalent of 8 weeks - and our case was processed without issue.

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Timeline

- bank letter optional?

FWIW I used only 4 paystubs - the equivalent of 8 weeks - and our case was processed without issue.

Thank for the info.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

- bank letter optional?

Thank for the info.

Charlie

I'll just send her both, I don't feel like tempting the fates... :wacko:

Thanks for the info :thumbs:

Novelyn & Gragg

K1

02/08/2007 NOA1 l

05/10/2007 NOA2 !!!

AOS

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.