sean&gabi

Trouble with the Consulate in Naples, ITALY

9 posts in this topic

How it all began:

Nebraska processed everything faster than imagined. Then I get the NVC letter... yippeee!!

This is right where our situation ran into some issues:

November '05 I get the NVC letter. We wait 2 or three weeks and still hear nothing from the Consulate in Naples. I figure, hey, it's holiday season... everyone who works at the Consulate is on vacation... I tell myself I'll just contact them a few days after New Years.

I send emails. I send fax. I try to call. Nothing. I couldn't contact anyone in person. By now it's the end of January and no reply from the Consulate. Then, one of my last desperate emails to the Consulate produced results... but only just. My email, which contained 2 or three questions about the status of our packet, was answered with nothing but an attachment containing the interview .pdf files. Not one word was typed!!!

Well, this angered me to say the least. Then Gabi phones the Consulate and FINALLY got a breathing person... but only just. Gabi spoke with a Consulate operator and he didn't know anything and wouldn't put her through to anyone that did. He said, "...just keep sending emails, don't worry, keep trying." Now I was FURIOUS.

I then contacted my local state senator's office. Let me tell you all something.... after my senator's office contacted those lazy S.O.B.s in Naples, someone from the Consulate was calling Gabi's cell phone after ONE DAY. They said to her, "Gabi, when are you coming to the Consulate for your interview? We've been waiting for your reply!"

Those ****ers told Gabi that they had sent both Gabi and myself notices in the mail. Untrue. My senator's office also sent me a copy of the email they received from the Consulate. Whoever wrote the email at that Consulate lied and said they had sent numerous emails to me.

It just stands to show that you must consider human error into all of this... none of this is as cut and dried as it seems.

Gabi's interview was last week... she got the Visa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sean

ps-- when in doubt, CONTACT YOUR STATE SENATOR!!!

Edited by sean&gabi

November 2004--I'm on vacation in Italy and met Gabriela at a pizzeria in Venice...it was love at first sight!

2 Weeks Later 2004--changed my intinerary to go back to Venice and see this Romanian girl that I couldn't stop thinking about.

August 30--My sweetie's Birthday! I love you, doll!!!

September 9, 2005--I-129F sent to NSC.

September 15, 2005--NOA1!

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

November 07, 2005--NVC letter received!!!

Early December 2005--K1 packet gets to the Consulate in Naples but somehow they forgot about notifying us in any way, and apparently replying to emails is just waaaay too strenuous for them...

January 11, 2006--After numerous failed attempts to contact them, Naples Consulate emails packet3.

January 2006--I contact my state senator's office.

March 20, 2006--Gabi has her medical exam in Naples...

March 21, 2006--Gabi has her interview...K1 VISA ISSUED!!!!!

April 18, 2006--I will fly to Europe to get my honey...and never, ever let her go!!!

Filed: Timeline

How did you motivate your senator to get this done? Moscow has been giving me a ton of #######, even blew off the inquiry from the senator I contacted. The aide to whom I have been assigned just says "oh well, I'll email them again in two weeks".

Sorry to hear that.

What I did was contact my senator's office. The woman there who handles these things told me to send a very professional, formal letter asking the senator for his help. That's what I did and then a day later the woman called me back asking for a few more details. After that it was smooth...

Hmmmm...... I would ask to speak with a different aide or maybe petition a different senetor if thing are not going well.

It's amazing that the American Consulate in Moscow blew off the senator, because in a way the people there could lose their jobs doing stuff like that... I guess it depends on who the senator is, how long they have been in the senate, etc. Mine has quite a bit of influence.

Edited by sean&gabi

November 2004--I'm on vacation in Italy and met Gabriela at a pizzeria in Venice...it was love at first sight!

2 Weeks Later 2004--changed my intinerary to go back to Venice and see this Romanian girl that I couldn't stop thinking about.

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

Early December 2005--K1 packet gets to the Consulate in Naples but somehow they forgot about notifying us in any way, and apparently replying to emails is just waaaay too strenuous for them...

January 11, 2006--After numerous failed attempts to contact them, Naples Consulate emails packet3.

April 18, 2006--I will fly to Europe to get my honey...and never, ever let her go!!!

Sean

Congrats on the visa! Amazing what the right person and a bit of clout can do!

Good Luck

Adele :thumbs::dance::)

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sean

Congrats! :D...a little bit of political muscle goes a long way!

03.04.2009......Posted I-130 to U.S. Embassy

03.04.2009......Ordered Police Certificate for Visa Purposes from Local Garda Office (ordered over the phone)

03.05.2009......I-130 received at Embassy

03.06.2009......Received Police Cert

03.18.2009......I-130 Approved

09.10.2009......Medical Exam

09.23.2009......Embassy receives Notice of Readiness

10.13.2009......Received our interview date

10.29.2009......Successful interview!

11.5.2009........Visa received in post

11.7.2009........All the family flew to the US together :)

12.20.2009......Received Welcome to America letter

12.24.2009......10 year Greencard received in the mail

Thanks....I guess I won't worry yet....would love to attend that interview...but costs $1300 to fly over there and just did that a few months ago!

Shannon, find a cheap flight to London (Gatwick airport), take an easyjet (www.easyjet.com) to Rome and hop on a train to Napoli.... sounds complicated by American standards but it's much easier than it sounds!

easyjet flights from London to Italy are anywhere from $40-$120 one way, depending on when you buy. Add this up and you can have a trip for less than $700-800.

Sean

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Thanks....I guess I won't worry yet....would love to attend that interview...but costs $1300 to fly over there and just did that a few months ago!

Shannon, find a cheap flight to London (Gatwick airport), take an easyjet (www.easyjet.com) to Rome and hop on a train to Napoli.... sounds complicated by American standards but it's much easier than it sounds!

easyjet flights from London to Italy are anywhere from $40-$120 one way, depending on when you buy. Add this up and you can have a trip for less than $700-800.

Sean

Thanks, but I meant to Korea - know of any good deals to there? :D

Shannon 명철

Oops....oh gosh, should've been paying closer attention....

sorry...... :bonk:

Edited by sean&gabi

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.