Jump to content
Al Bundy

Request for Evidence (Continuous stay)

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

After getting an immigration visa, I arrived in the US with a temporary document with an instruction that I should complete the process and get my green card through the nearest field office. Within 3 weeks of me arriving, government shut down for about three weeks. I was unable to get a social a SSN or the greencard. I ran out of resources. I decided to return to my now former home country to sell off all the assests I had and have a cushion of funds as I start. I stayed out of the US for 9 months. I applied for neutralization and during the interview, I was told to produce evidence that I had not abandoned my green card as I was away for longer than the allowed 6 months. Since i did not have any documentation to do anything in the US (green card or SSN), I cannot provide any paperwork such as letters or bills that show address of abode, taxes or employment records. Additionally, I was staying with a long time friend and had a verbal agreement to be contributing towards rent. How do I show continuous residence without having a paper trail that proves so?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...