milane

I-130 questions need help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello

I am new here and have a few questions concerning the I-130. I filled everything out but do not understand question nr 22 (adjustment of status). I am a us citizen and my husband german. Maybe somebody can explain it to me. Should I send the forms registerd mail? I thought I read something about that in the past but cannot find it now? thanks alot

Hello

I am new here and have a few questions concerning the I-130. I filled everything out but do not understand question nr 22 (adjustment of status). I am a us citizen and my husband german. Maybe somebody can explain it to me. Should I send the forms registerd mail? I thought I read something about that in the past but cannot find it now? thanks alot

Hello. Welcome to VJ. Unless your husband is currently living in the US with you, number 22 is ignored. I believe I wrote N/A on the blank lines.

Are you currently living in Germany with your husband and plan to file at the Frankfurt consulate?

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Timeline
Hello

Hello. Welcome to VJ. Unless your husband is currently living in the US with you, number 22 is ignored. I believe I wrote N/A on the blank lines.

Are you currently living in Germany with your husband and plan to file at the Frankfurt consulate?

Yes I am living with me husband in germany, and am going to apply DCF in frankfurt.

Hello

Yes I am living with me husband in germany, and am going to apply DCF in frankfurt.

Okay, cool, then just write N/A on the blank lines for number 22 - that only applies when the foreign spouse is in the US and wants to adjust status rather than apply for a visa like your husband will be doing. :)

You don't have to send the forms by registered mail, but do so if that makes you feel better. I spent the extra money on sending our package overnight to London.

Have you included proof of your ongoing relationship such as joint lease/mortgage and joint accounts? In London, their website says not to include that, but the I-130 instructions say to include it, and some people have run into problems by not including it. I'm asking in case the Frankfurt website's checklist says something similar.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.