capitalem

international passports for russian citizens

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Does anyone have experience with getting an international passport expedited? I know it costs more, but I'm hoping someone can recommend a place that maybe their fiancee used that really does them in the time period you pay for (we want to get it in 3-4 days) and won't rip us off or won't have it ready on time...

Timeline

I was actually going to post a very similar question...hopefully someone has an idea...

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I believe all Russian passports are made through an internal ministry something like the OVIR only for Russian citizens. The government has a monopoly over this process and you cannot go to a third party to make a Russian travel passport. The wait time is one month and the cost last time I was there was something around 450 roubles. I also remember long queues to both drop off and pick up the passports. To expedite the process, if it is even done, would have to be with the government officials. Bribe perhaps if it is not officially done. Hiring some agency seems rather shady.

I'm under the impression that anything in Russia can be "expedited" for the right price as long as it goes to the right person.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

As I understand it, the agencies don't make the passports out themselves....I think they charge you the price it will take them to bribe someone at the government office to do it quicker, plus an extra profit for themselves.

As I understand it, the agencies don't make the passports out themselves....I think they charge you the price it will take them to bribe someone at the government office to do it quicker, plus an extra profit for themselves.

Sounds about right.

OVIR is no more. It's all done through the post office now, from what I've heard. I think there is an official redesignation, but I'm not sure of the new name.

bruc was just over there, he should know who to talk to and what their "official" title is.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
OVIR is no more. It's all done through the post office now, from what I've heard. I think there is an official redesignation, but I'm not sure of the new name.
Slim, the OP was talking about Passport Services for Russian Citizens! The OVIR perhaps under a new name is certainly still there. The building does property registration and has the passport desk. An other administrative functions. It simply doesn't do foreign citizen registrations. It probably still does foreign permanent residency and the like.

Timeline
Slim, the OP was talking about Passport Services for Russian Citizens! The OVIR perhaps under a new name is certainly still there. The building does property registration and has the passport desk. An other administrative functions. It simply doesn't do foreign citizen registrations. It probably still does foreign permanent residency and the like.

I posted on this a while back...

Apparently more Post Offices know what to do now but I'm sure it's being handled in typical "It's Russia" fashion. :lol:

I found some copies of the new registration forms:

What was OVIR is now UFMS (Department of the Federal Migration Service).

UFMS_Visa_registration.pdf

After some further reading... The Host (inviting party, landlord, etc.) goes to the local police station with your passport & migration card (within 3 business days, with or without you but must have your passport & migration card) and fills out the above forms, gives part of it to you and then when you leave Russia your Host returns another portion (within 2 business days!) showing that you have left. Actually this does sound a little more simple and the police station will most likely be open more than OVIR was. The post office is supposed to be able to stamp these forms as well but apparently (outside of Moscow) they know nothing about it!

David

725268776.png

(we want to get it in 3-4 days) and won't rip us off

Passport ready in 3-4 days and no rip off? Impossible.

I had my passport done in November through Travelmart (visa@travelmart.ru, attn. Федор Николаевич Поселянов) for 14000 rub. in 3 weeks. 1-week turnaround would cost closer to $1000.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Slim, the OP was talking about Passport Services for Russian Citizens! The OVIR perhaps under a new name is certainly

OVIR still exists, under the same name. The only change is for visa registrations under the january migration law. (And in my case even that hasn't changed)

As for expediting a passport, I have no experience with this personally. If you have a friend connected well enough with the ФСБ - sure, 3 days is possible. Ultimately, they control everything here now anyway.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
OVIR still exists, under the same name. The only change is for visa registrations under the january migration law. (And in my case even that hasn't changed)

As for expediting a passport, I have no experience with this personally. If you have a friend connected well enough with the ФСБ - sure, 3 days is possible. Ultimately, they control everything here now anyway.

Ok - I asked. The FSB can get on the next day for anyone they want. Tourist agencies can also get them in a few days for the right price.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

All you've gotta do is buy one of those FSB T-shirts off of E-Bay, then go in the office and claim to be an English translator demanding a passport for a "suspect."

They'll buy it!

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.