5 posts in this topic

When we filed the ROC, I though that we sent them enough information, but unfortunately that was not the case. Now we know that. Strange thing is also that they do not listed  all the information in the RFE, that we sent them so I do not know if they lost our documents or they did not read/check them. They wrote that we send: "SSN letter in your name, copy of airline tickets, affidavits and photos."

We sent:

• Copies of the passports and green cards (front and back) 

• Letter from our friend attesting to our relationship and marriage.

• Letter from my husband co-Sponsor attesting our relationship and marriage.

• Copies of letters attesting common address

A: Social Security Administration

B: Health insurance

c. Water bill

e. English translation of water bill.

F: Translation certification.

• Copy of boarding card from our flights.

• Sworn statement about property purchase.

• Copy of confirmation of new change of address

• 2 photos of us together.

After 18 months waiting and my husband getting 2 extensions, we got a RFE iending april and since that moment, we are collecting information. We are almost done. But I am a little afraid that we don't satisfy their requirement.

Because 1. We do not have 2 years of joint tax return. We have only 2018. We were unemployed on 2017 and we did not file. 2. We do not have 2 years of joint bank statements, we only have 1.5 years. 3. We purchased a piece of land and I include a document with information about the purchase, that our Notary Attorney stamped and signed together with all parties signatures and information about all parties in the transaction, also information about the purchased Real Estate and percent of ownership. But that is not the deed. The property was purchased in Puerto Rico (PR) and the deed is in Spanish and is very very very long. So I am only including this document. I also include a document notarized by a notary in PR where we sworn that we both purchased the Property. So now I am afraid that they make problems because is not the official deed and because the tax return and the 1.5 bank statements. 

Here is the table of content of the package as our reply to this RFE. I still waiting for the verification code from the IRS, so I can print out online the tax transcripts for 2018.

Joint ownership of assets - Purchase of land and car

• Translation of Data sheet to fill in the Real-Estate Transaction Declaration Form about segregation, grouping or transfer of assets - 3 pages

• Certification by translator of Data sheet to fill in the Real-Estate Transaction Declaration Form about segregation, grouping or transfer of assets - 1 page

• Copy of Data sheet to fill in the Real-Estate Transaction Declaration Form about segregation, grouping or transfer of assets- 3 pages

• Note to Data sheet to fill in the Real-Estate Transaction Declaration Form about segregation, grouping or transfer of assets - 1 page

• Sworn Statement signed before notary lawyer Mr. Santiago about the property purchase,

common address and other informations.

• State of Florida Application for Vehicle/Vessel Certificate of Title - 1 page

• Florida Vehicle Registration - 1 page

Evidence of shared residence

Germany

• Translation of our Rental Lease Agreement - 2 pages

• Certification by Translator of the Rental Lease Agreement - 1 page

• Copy the original Rental Lease Agreement - 2 pages

• Translation of Certificate of Registration in our address in DE for Hubby - 1 page

• Copy or the original Certificate of Registration in our address in DE for Hubby - 1 page

• Translation of Certificate of Registration in our address in DE for Me - 1 page

• Copy or the original Certificate of Registration in our address in DE for Me - 1 page

• Note to Rental Lease Agreement and residency in DE - 1 page

PR

• Translation of our Rental Lease Agreement - 2 pages

• Certification by Translator of the Rental Lease Agreement - 1 page

• Copy the original Rental Lease Agreement - 3 pages

• Translation of the extension of our Rental Lease Agreement - 1 page

• Certification by Translator of the extension of our Rental Lease Agreement - 1 page

• Copy the original extension of our Rental Lease Agreement - 1 page

• Translation of PR Landlord letter of October 24, 2017 - 1 page

• Certification by translator of PR Landlord letter of October 24, 2017 - 1 page

• Copy of the original PR Landlord letter of October 24, 2017 - 1 page

• Translation of PR Landlord letter of May 7, 2019 ­- 1 page

• Certification by translator of PR Landlord letter of May 7, 2019 ­- 1 page

• Copy of the original PR Landlord letter of May 7, 2019 ­- 1 page

• Note to our residency in PR

• Copy of Hubby driving license - (front and back) - 2 pages

• Copy of Me driving license - (front) 1 page

• Translation of the back side of Me driving license from PR - 1 page

• Certification by translator of back side of Me driving license from PR - 1 page

• Copy of Me driving license from PR (back) - 1 page

Florida

• Certification of Address for the Department of Highway Safety and Motor vehicles

• Letter from the USPS to Hubby - Change of Address Confirmation where you can see the old and the new mailing address. - 1 page

• Letter from the USPS to Me - Change of Address Confirmation where you can see the old and the new mailing address. - 1 page

• Letter from my aunt attesting that we lived together in her house from November 21, 2017 until July 2018.

• Copy of the Residential Lease in Florida (our current residential address) - 2 pages

• Proof of deposit and rent payments - 2 pages

• Copy of our driving licenses (front and back) - 2 pages

Evidences of shared responsibility for liabilities and financial co-mingling

Germany

• Translation of Notification of Waste Fee 2015 - 1 page

• Certification by translator of Notification of Waste Fee 2015 - 1 page

• Copy of original Notification of Waste Fee 2015, - 1 page

• Translation of the cancellation letter from Electricity Company on 02/03/2016 - 2 pages.

• Certification by translator of Electricity Company - 1 page

• Copy of original Electricity Company Cancellation - 2 pages

• Translation of Deutsche Post Cancellation (PO Box cancellation) letters to Hubby and Me - 2 pages

• Certification by translator of Deutsche Post Cancellation (PO Box cancellation) letter to Hubby - 1 page

• Certification by translator of Deutsche Post Cancellation (PO Box cancellation) letter to Me - 1 page

• Copy of the original Deutsche Post Cancellation (PO Box cancellation) letters "Deutsche Post Kundenservice" to Hubby and Me- 2 pages

PR

• Translation Internet service provider contract - 3 pages

• Certification by translator of Internet service provider contract- 1 page

• Copy of Internet Service provider contract - 3 pages

• Note to internet service provider Contract

• Translation of our property Water bill

• Certification by translator for Water bill translation

• Copy of original of our property Water bill entitled

Florida

• 2018 Tax Return with W2 - 5 pages

• Note to 2018 Tax Return with W2 - 1 page

• Telephone Bill

• Electricity Bill

• Auto Insurance (Progressive) - 2 pages

• Auto Insurance (Southern-Owners) - 2 pages

• Health Insurance (Form 1095A - Health Insurance Marketplace Statement) - 1 page

• Joint checking account statements with transactions pages from 01/2018 - 06/2019

• 5 American Express Statements

Evidence that we designated each other as contact party in hospital and medical issues:

• Patient Registration Form Hospital in PR for Hubby 1 page

• Patient Registration From Hospital in PR for Me 1 page

Evidence of Vacation and travel

• Translation of Condor flights reservations 4 pages

• Certification by translation of Condor flights reservations 1 page

• Copy of the original Condor flights reservations  - 4 pages

• Translation of HRS Reservation - 1 page

• Certification by translation of HRS Reservation - 1 page

• Copy of the original HRS Reservation  - 1 page

• Copy of boarding card from our flight from Germany to PR. - 1 page

• Copy of boarding card from our flight from PR to Florida.- 1 page

• Copy of boarding card from Florida to PR and PR to Florida - 4 pages

Affidavits

• New letter from our friend attesting to our relationship and marriage. - 1 page

What do you think about this package? The other issue that worry me a lot is that his last extension is until August. What could happens if they do not approve us before August? Which are our options?

Thank you and I hope your comments help me lower my stress and anxiety.

Edited by ditwar

Well I think if you would have sent what you are sending now, you never would have received an RFE.

What you sent originally was not enough without question, statements and letters attesting to things is the lowest end of proof and should only be used as additions, not the bulk of your proof. USCIS wants to see comingled funds, leases, contracts, legal documents, etc.

For the tax return, you can just write a statement that you were both unemployed at the time and were not required to file taxes for the year.

Edited by Ash.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

9 minutes ago, Ash. said:

Well I think if you would have sent what you are sending now, you never would have received an RFE.

What you sent originally was not enough without question, statements and letters attesting to things is the lowest end of proof and should only be used as additions, not the bulk of your proof. USCIS wants to see comingled funds, leases, contracts, legal documents, etc.

For the tax return, you can just write a statement that you were both unemployed at the time and were not required to file taxes for the year.

You are totally right. Now we know that and we are the only one to be blame but I also should say that the time when we had to file I-751, was not a easy one for us. It was in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. We lost many documents and almost all PR was without electricity, internet and telephone. We wrote that in our cover letter.

22 minutes ago, ditwar said:

You are totally right. Now we know that and we are the only one to be blame but I also should say that the time when we had to file I-751, was not a easy one for us. It was in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria. We lost many documents and almost all PR was without electricity, internet and telephone. We wrote that in our cover letter.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

As mean and as bad as this may sound, the truth is USCIS doesn't really care about anyone's situations. Your house could burn down and you live in the woods and don't use the internet and USCIS would have told you to buy a firebox for your documents.

Either way what you are sending looks great and should easily satisfy the RFE.

Edited by Ash.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

2 minutes ago, Ash. said:

I'm sorry this happened to you.

As mean and as bad as this may sound, the truth is USCIS doesn't really care about anyone's situations. Your house could burn down and you live in the woods and don't use the internet and USCIS would have told you to buy a firebox for your documents.

Yes, you are right. 😧

Edited by ditwar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.