kev_n_jena

CFO Sticker

19 posts in this topic

i forgot,,,, asking if how long is the seminar would last? just 2 and half hrs give or take, so if you're taking it in the PRISM (taft ave) you could run to quirino manila to get a certificate before they closes at 5pm. then when you have the visa already, you just have to get back and tell you've paid (dont lose the receipt) show them the receipt and the certificate then wait for your name to be called again. most likely an hr or so depending on the crowd

She will take it in Cebu. Will she be able to get everything there as well as in Manila? I hate for her to go to Cebu then find out for some strange reason again that she has to go to Manila to get the Cert. or sticker. It seems like there are so many variables with going through the K1 visa process. Every time you turn the corner there is another missed step or something that wasn't mentioned. Grrrrrrr.

Thanks,

charlie

i had mine actually in manila. im from cagayan de oro so when my then fiance (now husband) came for a visit, we had the chance to to be in manila. i made the 1pm sked and then rushed around 3:30 to quirino to get the certificate. so i made it in one day. then when i got my visa, i had a flight on the 27th of jan (sat) heading to US, so mom and i went there (for the cfo sticker) in thursday on the 26th to have an allowance just in case something unexpected will come up... so yea you'll get all in manila. good luck!

to edit: or if you're referring if she'll get it all in cebu, i believe so too

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
i forgot,,,, asking if how long is the seminar would last? just 2 and half hrs give or take, so if you're taking it in the PRISM (taft ave) you could run to quirino manila to get a certificate before they closes at 5pm. then when you have the visa already, you just have to get back and tell you've paid (dont lose the receipt) show them the receipt and the certificate then wait for your name to be called again. most likely an hr or so depending on the crowd

She will take it in Cebu. Will she be able to get everything there as well as in Manila? I hate for her to go to Cebu then find out for some strange reason again that she has to go to Manila to get the Cert. or sticker. It seems like there are so many variables with going through the K1 visa process. Every time you turn the corner there is another missed step or something that wasn't mentioned. Grrrrrrr.

Thanks,

charlie

I've seen other posts saying - like the seminar - the CFO sticker can be done in either Manila or Cebu.

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

My fiance took her CFO seminar in Cebu and she has the documentation proving that. Does anyone know if she can get her sticker in Manila after she receives her visa? I sure hope she doesn't have to go back to Cebu but it would really suprise me if she did!

Thanks for any replies!

Kevin

Kevin,

Ruchie took her CFO Seiminar in Cebu and she just got her Sticker today in Manila.... So, there are no problems at all if your Fiance does it in Manila...... Good Luck to the both of you!

Danny :thumbs:

Edited by dannyrmartin1

Question - "I attended the Guidance and Counseling Program prior to the issuance of my visa. I was informed that I need to register with CFO upon the issuance of my visa. Do I need to attend a seminar again when I register?"

Answer - "You do not need to attend another seminar, unless you have a new petitioner or country of destination." :)

Question - "I attended the Guidance and Counseling Program at CFO Cebu Extension Office. Can I register at CFO Manila?"

Answer - "You may register at CFO Manila provided that you were already issued a CFO guidance and counseling certificate at CFO Cebu as a proof of your compliance with the counseling requirements. In the same manner, if you attended the counseling program at CFO Manila, you may opt to register at the CFO Cebu Extension Office. "

Quoted from the CFO website http://www.cfo.gov.ph/faqMIEO.htm

Hope it helps some.

Edited by Ken & Marife

12/30/2005 Visited Philippines for a Friends wedding and met Marife

06/04/2006 Made another trip to see my beautiful Marife!

01/27/2007 Visited Marife.....Proposed and she said YES!!

04/28/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC.....and the VJ begins

05/08/2007 Received NOA1 From CSC

09/10/2007 K1 Petition Approved!!!!

09/11/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via email!!!

09/14/2007 (NOA2) K1 Petition Approval Received via postal mail!!!

10/24/2007 NVC Received Petition!!

10/26/2007 NVC Sent Petition to USE in Manila

11/07/2007 Medical Exam and Interview Date listed at Embassy Website

11/28/2007 St Lukes Medical Exam

12/05/2007 Interview with Consolate Officer at USE in Manila(Approved!!!)

12/26/2007 Visa Delivered by Delbros

02/04/2008 Arrived in U.S.

02/14/2008 Married on Valentines Day!!

02/25/2009 Mailed AOS Application

03/04/2009 Case Transfered to CSC

03/27/2009 Biometrics

05/01/2009 Received Approval/Welcome letter

05/02/2009 RECEIVED GREEN CARD!!!! by mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.