bigsim

K1 Conditions - Help A Simpleton Out

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
One other thing that Sarah just thought of, since you've all been so helpful so far - Sarah lives with her mother, who has said she'd be perfectly happy for me to live with them. Sarah's aunt would be the co-sponsor, so it would be her who'd need to commit to providing room and board and all the rest of it...would I need to live with Sarah's aunt for her sponsorship to be valid?

No

My, I think I love you. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Friends,

I feel I can call you that now, but probably not for much longer if I keep asking daft questions...anyway, to the point.

As mentioned earlier, my fiance doesn't earn a dime at present. Her aunt earns 21-22k or so a year, in a job she's held for two years. Questions have arisen regarding the demonstration of income and financial support, and these questions are being directed at me, and I don't know the sodding answers...

The understanding of it that I've passed on to Sarah is that when it's time to send me the I-134 document, both she and her aunt will need to complete the form and provide the documentary evidence, such as the last three years of tax returns and a letter from their employer. Is that right?

Additionally, Sarah wants to wait until she's employed before filing the petition - will that bring any benefit to us as we move through the process or will the authorities be concerned only with her aunt's income since it's she who'll fulfil the income requirements?

With thanks for your continued tolerance of me,

Adam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.