bacho86

Wrong Middle Name in EAD and Wrong Mailing Address

1 post in this topic

A need some input on how we can proceed to correct our information with my wife's EAD combo card and mailing address.

Firstly, we had an issue with USPS where post wasn't able to deliver to our apartment. It appears that there was a mixed up in the address where it combined my preferred address and my current residence. I had it in the form to send it to my parents house but it put the wrong zip code hence it wasn't delivered. Thankfully, I managed to intercept it and picked it up in the nearest USPS location. 

Secondly, when I checked the middle name in the card, it was entered as her maiden name's middle name not her last name.

It appears the error occurred after the biometric appointment. Since the NOAs after Biometrics, her name was wrong. 

Has anyone been to the same or similar situation? And how can I proceed on correcting the address so it wont be lost in the mail system. Also, I saw the steps on how to correct the name in her EAD. I've verified from my copies that we've entered the information correctly. But my question is, how long it would take to get this corrected and would we surrender the current EAD combo card to update it?

We're planning to get a vacation in 4 months outside the US. We received the card about 6 months after we recieved a priority date. It looks like USCIS is on schedule. Thank you in advance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.