Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

N400 - Temporary address and unreadable fingerprints due to eczema (?)

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm about to file my N400 and have 2 questions. They are connected to each other, and I'm worried that they'll complicate by case greatly:


1. On my first entry to the US to activate my green card about 5 years ago, I stayed in NYC for about 1 month at my aunt's place before coming back to my home country (and couple of months later entering the US again, but now - permanently).

The purpose of that trip was only to activate the GC. I did not apply for a driver licence or a state ID.

Do I need to fill my aunt's address in the N400 as one of the addresses I lived at in the past 5 years?


2. My fingerprints are unreadable due to a hand eczema. Doesn't matter what lotion I use - they are not readable, and I expect them to be rejected in the fingerprinting appointment.

From what I've been reading, USCIS will sent 2 fingerprinting appointments, and if the fingerprints are rejected twice - I will be required to provide police clearance form all of the places I lived in in the past 5 years.

I lived in one place in CA except that 1 month from my first question in NYC. depending on the answer to 1, this may complicate my situation - 

a. As I've never been an official resident of NY (didn't apply for ID/Drivers licence) - is it even possible, would they be able to produce a police certificate?

b. From what I read, they require to apply *in person* and they need a letter from an attorney that contains a full physical description and on top of that they do fingerprinting (when the reason I may need them is because I have unreadable prints) (reference - https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/services/law-enforcement/record-requests.page)


Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are there people here with experience dealing with N400 and unreadable fingerprints and obtaining police certificates?


Thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...