morpheus1234

N400 - Temporary address and unreadable fingerprints due to eczema (?)

1 post in this topic

I'm about to file my N400 and have 2 questions. They are connected to each other, and I'm worried that they'll complicate by case greatly:

1. On my first entry to the US to activate my green card about 5 years ago, I stayed in NYC for about 1 month at my aunt's place before coming back to my home country (and couple of months later entering the US again, but now - permanently).

The purpose of that trip was only to activate the GC. I did not apply for a driver licence or a state ID.

Do I need to fill my aunt's address in the N400 as one of the addresses I lived at in the past 5 years?

2. My fingerprints are unreadable due to a hand eczema. Doesn't matter what lotion I use - they are not readable, and I expect them to be rejected in the fingerprinting appointment.

From what I've been reading, USCIS will sent 2 fingerprinting appointments, and if the fingerprints are rejected twice - I will be required to provide police clearance form all of the places I lived in in the past 5 years.

I lived in one place in CA except that 1 month from my first question in NYC. depending on the answer to 1, this may complicate my situation - 

a. As I've never been an official resident of NY (didn't apply for ID/Drivers licence) - is it even possible, would they be able to produce a police certificate?

b. From what I read, they require to apply *in person* and they need a letter from an attorney that contains a full physical description and on top of that they do fingerprinting (when the reason I may need them is because I have unreadable prints) (reference - https://www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/services/law-enforcement/record-requests.page)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are there people here with experience dealing with N400 and unreadable fingerprints and obtaining police certificates?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.