Jump to content

N-400 Question About Child

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I had a question about filing my N-400 form.


Quick background on my situation....


I came to the US from Canada on  a K-1 Visa with my son.( My husband is not the biological father of my son.) Both me and my son got our 10 year Green Cards issued 5/2008. My son is now 15 years old.

Do I need to file a separate N-400 form for my son? I have been searching this site for information and from what I see, I'm the only one who needs to file, and if my application is approved for Citizenship, my son would automatically become a citizen as well. If this is the case, then my son wouldn't need to have an interview or take a civics test?

I just want to make sure I cover all my basis and not mess anything up.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.