luv2teach77

For The Footie & Rugby Fans

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

For any Brits missing the ability to watch live football or rugby (both international and domestic) the search is over. We had DirecTV installed at our new house specifically because they offer a residential version of the Setanta Sports Channel. Setanta used to only be available through bars and pubs who had to buy a commercial isence but now $14.99 per month gets you round the clock coverage of a huge amount of sport from the UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ and South Africa. I can watch more premiership football and rugby from my living room in Illinois than I ever could in London.

They show a lot of live games, plenty of delayed broadcast games and then these are often repeated throughout the week if you aren't around to catch them first time around. I'll be able to watch the England v South Africa match LIVE on Saturday morning and that is on after they show Wales v Australia and Argentina v Ireland... all LIVE !! They show 2 or 3 premiership football games each day over the weekends and I was also able to watch Champions league matches as well. I was even able to watch European cup rugby final live from Twickenham on Saturday. They show aussie rules, gaelic football and several games from other soccer leagues around the world. They also show Tri nations rugby, Australian super league rugby league and a bunch of other stuff too.

I can't reccommend the channel highly enough and would call it a must for any fan of footie or rugby from anywhere in the world but especially for those Brits now living on a diet of baseball and 'football'.

If you have DirecTV $15 a month for 24/7 coverage of all the best sports on the planet is cheap at twice the price !!

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
For any Brits missing the ability to watch live football or rugby (both international and domestic) the search is over. We had DirecTV installed at our new house specifically because they offer a residential version of the Setanta Sports Channel. Setanta used to only be available through bars and pubs who had to buy a commercial isence but now $14.99 per month gets you round the clock coverage of a huge amount of sport from the UK, Ireland, Australia, NZ and South Africa. I can watch more premiership football and rugby from my living room in Illinois than I ever could in London.

They show a lot of live games, plenty of delayed broadcast games and then these are often repeated throughout the week if you aren't around to catch them first time around. I'll be able to watch the England v South Africa match LIVE on Saturday morning and that is on after they show Wales v Australia and Argentina v Ireland... all LIVE !! They show 2 or 3 premiership football games each day over the weekends and I was also able to watch Champions league matches as well. I was even able to watch European cup rugby final live from Twickenham on Saturday. They show aussie rules, gaelic football and several games from other soccer leagues around the world. They also show Tri nations rugby, Australian super league rugby league and a bunch of other stuff too.

I can't reccommend the channel highly enough and would call it a must for any fan of footie or rugby from anywhere in the world but especially for those Brits now living on a diet of baseball and 'football'.

If you have DirecTV $15 a month for 24/7 coverage of all the best sports on the planet is cheap at twice the price !!

Mark :)

I had that when I first got Direct TV. However I cancelled it in preference to the Sports Package which has the Fox Soccer channel on it. Depending on what package you have from Direct TV adding the Sports Package can be cheaper than Setanta, in our case 50% cheaper. However I would only recommend the Sports Package if you are looking for English football and are not interested in rugby. The Fox soccer channel has 3 premiership games on a Saturday and Sunday depends on what is being played. Also has UEFA and games from other European leagues.

The other advantage to the sports package is if you like to watch the sport of our adapted country it has a choice of those as well including MLS (Major League Soccer) so you can see just how good the US are getting at the game. :lol:

One isn't better than the other but they offer a different selection of sports depending on what you like to watch.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

I'm only really interested in Football, so FSC was good enough for me. My team (Pompey) were on FSC for almost half their games this season. Someone at FSC is a Pompey fan. ;)

I heard there's no more PPV in the UK for matches and Setanta in the UK is going to have a certain number of matches to air.

So I wonder what that does to FSC and whether one would need both in order to see as many games as poss.

Anyone know?

Deals done in the UK should have no bearing on how the Premiership is show in the USA as each country has a different set of rights to negotiate. I've not heard of any change in how the USA rights to the Premiership have been negoitated.

That said, given that the Premiership is split between Sky and Setanta in the UK now, it would make sense that the games on Sky would be shown on FSC and the games on Setanta UK would be shown on Setanta US, if only for the fact that it would make production resources easier. That said FSC shows games on US TV that are not shown on Sky TV right now.

Filed: Timeline
I heard there's no more PPV in the UK for matches and Setanta in the UK is going to have a certain number of matches to air.

So I wonder what that does to FSC and whether one would need both in order to see as many games as poss.

Anyone know?

Deals done in the UK should have no bearing on how the Premiership is show in the USA as each country has a different set of rights to negotiate. I've not heard of any change in how the USA rights to the Premiership have been negoitated.

That said, given that the Premiership is split between Sky and Setanta in the UK now, it would make sense that the games on Sky would be shown on FSC and the games on Setanta UK would be shown on Setanta US, if only for the fact that it would make production resources easier. That said FSC shows games on US TV that are not shown on Sky TV right now.

That's my exact point but written way better, lol.

thing is, I have DTV, but no sports pkg yet. Sunderland got relegated, and FSC seemed to show only prem matches, so I didn't bother getting it yet. So I have no clue who shows what here...tho it's priority #1 for David's arrival.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.