Jump to content


1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all,


I want to travel to VN in Jan. 2019 with a 2 years expired GC and an extension letter. But I am concerned about these: 


1/ I filed the I-751 and got a receipt notice on 11. 10.2017. After that I got an extensions letter for 12 months, then another for 18months. Can I travel outside the US with an 18 months extension letter?


2/ Both extension letters have the wrong address. I did not notice it until I wanted to buy a ticket. Then I requested to change my mailing address to PO Box ( I did not request to correct my address on the extension letters). Address on them is my home address, and I'm still living here. Is there any issue when I re-entry the US with these extension letters?


Thank you all and hope you all have a good Christmas! 

Edited by TiffanyDallas
added more details

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.