EndlessJourney

K1 Packet 3 Steps

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I am the petitioner and I’ve filed for a K1 Visa for my fiancé living in Germany.  My I-I129F petition is at U.S. Consulate General Frankfurt and I’m looking for some help or guidance regarding next steps after receiving packet 3.  Is the information on “Frankfurt, Germany US Embassy / Consulate Info” still accurate because it was last dated 2016.  If that information on that page is still accurate, I'll follow those steps moving forward.  I tried posting in the Regional forum but no replies.  Decided to post here. 

Questions:

1.) Do I bring the original AOS and Supporting Documents to the interview or do I include in the packet I send to the consulate?  

2.) Does the letter from my Bank have to be the original copy?  I printed off the copy I received via email but it's not the best copy.  Everything on the letter is clear and you're able to read perfectly. 
3.) Do I include confirmation page from DS-160 in the packet or bring it to the interview?
4.) Two part question

Part 1
Is the interview date received from Packet 4 or prescheduled by my fiancé once she registers/creates a profile from http://www.ustraveldocs.com?  It was a little confusing when we were reading all the steps under the nonimmigrant visa application section of the website. 

Part 2
Also, another confusing part was when we were reading the description from the Immigrant / Fiancé(e) & K Visa Application Checklist on section “DOCUMENT DELIVERY ADDRESS: Prior to your interview”.  The part were confused on reads as follows:

Please remember to include a copy of your registration confirmation page with the other document that you send to the Consulate before your interview.

Note: Fiancé and K visa applicants need to submit their appointment confirmation at the time of the visa interview instead of the registration confirmation.

Does that mean she still has to include the “registration page” in the packet after creating a profile from www.ustraveldocs.com/de?

Is the appointment confirmation page received from the Consulate or after creating/scheduling an appointment from http://www.ustraveldocs.com?

5.) Should my fiancé schedule/complete the medical examination before or after sending all required documents to the consulate?

6.) I know it says send all document regular mail through the Deutsche Post, but has anyone else sent the documents in a faster/secure delivery method without any issues?

7.) Does anyone have a list of documents to bring to the interview?

Any advice or tips in this step process would be greatly appreciated it.  Thank you in advance for helping me clear up these questions.

Thank you,

Matt

K1 Timeline

03/14/2018 - I-129F Sent

08/27/2018 - I-129F NOA1

09/25/2018 - I-129F NOA2

10/16/2018 - NVC sent K1 to U.S. Embassy/Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany

10/31/2018 - Packet 3 Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.