Jump to content

Entering US on B1/B2 visa from Canada

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts



I am an Indian passport holder who is entering the US from the Canada border on a B1/B2 visa for a 3 day trip while on  an internship. I have a couple of questions based on my entry.


1. My parents live in the US on a L1 visa and I go to visit them at the end of my school terms. I have made about 2 trips this year and over the past 2 years spent around 80 days in the USA. Is this too much and am I visiting the USA too frequently?


2. My B1/B2 visa was obtained in India, but I live in Canada now and have very little ties to India. Would it be sufficient to show my ties to Canada instead of the USA? And what documents should I bring. I have my proof of employment for my internship, payslips, proof of enrollment in my university, phone bills. Would that be sufficient?


3. I am also entering via driving. Would this cause any problems?


Thanks in advance for all your help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.