havil80

Will it be quicker if I re-apply? (FBI name check)

1 post in this topic

I was reading about the FBI's name check procedure and it contains the following

Definitive responses used to support other applications are valid for 15 months from the FBI process date. A new name check is required in cases where the final adjudication and naturalization have not occurred within that timeframe or the name check was processed incorrectly.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume12-PartB-Chapter2.html

My situation is I filed n-400 based on 5 years but with an absence of more than 6 months but less than a year at the very beginning of my residency,  so it could go either way based on what they think of my evidence. If I get rejected, I get to apply again in a year's time because by then that absence would have become irrelevant and would have fallen out of the 5 years prior to applying. Since I believe the FBI name check takes a good amount of time, does that mean that if I apply again in about 11 months it will be quicker because the first FBI check would still be valid, or is there something I'm missing? Would like to hear from anyone who re-applied within the 15 months FBI check validity and if the process was quicker the second time. Thanks  

Edited by havil80

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.