Bernier53

DFC CR-1 Manila US Embassy Interview Process

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

I have a few questions about this process. Our I-130 was approved and we have our case number. My wife and I live here in the Philippines together.

1. Will we both be allowed to attend the interview at the US embassy in Manila?

2. Will I submit the I-864 Form and supporting documents at the time of the interview?

3. Where can I find a list of documents required for the interview?

Many Thanks,

40 minutes ago, Bernier53 said:

Hi Everyone, 

I have a few questions about this process. Our I-130 was approved and we have our case number. My wife and I live here in the Philippines together.

1. Will we both be allowed to attend the interview at the US embassy in Manila?

2. Will I submit the I-864 Form and supporting documents at the time of the interview?

3. Where can I find a list of documents required for the interview?

Many Thanks,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes. USEM allows you to attend the interview with her. For spouse visas that is every window including consul interview window.

2. Yes. She submits the I-864 and financial documents at the embassy interview.

3. When you get a confirmation of the interview, they will also give you a list of requirements to bring. Here is another site that lists the documents to bring for in this DCF Philippines Embassy Phase post. 

Good Luck.

We just did ours in June and the consul officer actually said it was positive that I was there with my wife. Plus your blue passport gets you both in the US Citizen entry without having to wait outside in line (just walk up to the outdoor entry kiosk like you own the place 😀). The other benefit is for US Citizens and your wife, the embassy will hold your electronics at the indoor entry so you don’t have to leave phone at home or with a shady person outside. Just don’t bring snacks or water as they’ll confiscate it at the entry. 

Good luck, you’re almost done!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.