thetexasbrat

Still no Passport

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It's been 30 days since my husband has sent his passport to the London Embassy to get his visa. He has emailed the embassy several times with no response (He sent his 1st email on April 30th), called the expensive phone line, and has been contacting SMS regularly. Help??!?!?!?

Timeline
What did the embassy say when you (or he) phoned them?

You know that stupid answering service, they just keep telling him to wait. But they have told him before that it doesnt usually take this long. There is absolutely no way to someone inside that embassy.

You know that stupid answering service, they just keep telling him to wait. But they have told him before that it doesnt usually take this long. There is absolutely no way to someone inside that embassy.

Sorry, I didn't know. We've never tried to call it.

If even they said it shouldn't take that long, perhaps its time to see if your congressman's office can get any further information from them?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You might want to get his MP (Member of Parliament) involved. When we were stuck in a gridlock with our application, and were getting nowhere in our efforts to contact the embassy in London, our MP stepped in and used his contacts to get some straight answers for us. Sorted out a lot of stuff that otherwise would have delayed our visa for much much longer than it needed to be.

Cant hurt to try...

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Timeline
You might want to get his MP (Member of Parliament) involved. When we were stuck in a gridlock with our application, and were getting nowhere in our efforts to contact the embassy in London, our MP stepped in and used his contacts to get some straight answers for us. Sorted out a lot of stuff that otherwise would have delayed our visa for much much longer than it needed to be.

Cant hurt to try...

Awsome. I will call him right now and tell him to get on it! Thank you.

Sorry, I didn't know. We've never tried to call it.

If even they said it shouldn't take that long, perhaps its time to see if your congressman's office can get any further information from them?

We got ahold of our congressman yesterday...... Hopefully he can get some answers.

Yeah, that phone service they has SUX!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I thought we determined in your last thread - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry873546 - that it could take about a month. Are you just now at the one month mark?

You never got any more concrete information from when you called at day 15?

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline
I thought we determined in your last thread - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry873546 - that it could take about a month. Are you just now at the one month mark?

You never got any more concrete information from when you called at day 15?

The Embassy recieved it on the 7th of April.

At the 15 (working days) day mark they gave him authorization to email so he did. That was on the 30th of April.

As of today he still has gotten no response from the Embassy.

What did mags do about hers? She waited a long time too.

I emailed them (sans "code" :lol: ). Got a reply after two weeks. Buggars.

How long did they have it for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.