havil80

Oath ceremony letter. Can it be obtained online?

22 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2018 at 12:05 AM, ohman said:

We never received an oath letter in the mail, or online. How is that one? If you do not have it you can just show up though. 

Hi.  I got an email from USCIS on 8/28/18 that a notice has been sent to my home address regarding the oath ceremony.  I was able to find out separately it is scheduled for 9/20/18.  It has been more than 1 week since I got that email and I assumed I would receive the letter by now but I have not.  I will call USCIS closer to the date if I don't get anything but in case they can't help, are you saying I can just show up on the day (which I was going to do anyway)? I think there is a form to sign at the ceremony. Would they been able to provide this at the ceremony if I never got it in the mail?  Thanks

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, xpress88 said:

Hi.  I got an email from USCIS on 8/28/18 that a notice has been sent to my home address regarding the oath ceremony.  I was able to find out separately it is scheduled for 9/20/18.  It has been more than 1 week since I got that email and I assumed I would receive the letter by now but I have not.  I will call USCIS closer to the date if I don't get anything but in case they can't help, are you saying I can just show up on the day (which I was going to do anyway)? I think there is a form to sign at the ceremony. Would they been able to provide this at the ceremony if I never got it in the mail?  Thanks

I never asked my wife exactly what she had to do, but there is some sort of missing documents section at the ceremony.

Call uscis and speak to a tier 2, actual immigration officer. They will be able to fax you a sheet. In our case it was not the actual oath ceremony letter, but just a paper stating the time, location and date of our appointment. Maybe this helped things go faster at the missing documents table?

Definitely go to your oath ceremony even if you are unable to get anything though! We actually almost did not receive anything by fax and were going to go anyway. Believe this or not, uscis had trouble faxing us that document. I know it was uscis becuase i gave them three fax numbers and double checked each one was a free, dedicated line and receiving faxes in good order. I had to call them about 20 times. I am not kidding. You got that right, uscis was unable to send a fax! 

14 hours ago, ohman said:

This thread might help if you have not seen it already:

Thanks.  This was helpful.  I was able to get an electronic copy of the page with my name and location with a bar code but didn't get the N445 form.  So this N445 form can be obtained at the ceremony itself? Still hoping to get the full notice package in the mail.  This whole process is just so mentally exhausting.    

On 9/6/2018 at 10:13 PM, xpress88 said:

Yes. What we did was downloaded a blank copy so my wife knew how to fill it out. She knew all the interview questions so well, so the questions you need to answer on the back weren't a problem. And they had the form there to be filled in i believe. 

I think the essence of it is you NEED to sign that form in front of an officer there at the ceremony. 

On 9/9/2018 at 6:48 AM, ohman said:

Yes. What we did was downloaded a blank copy so my wife knew how to fill it out. She knew all the interview questions so well, so the questions you need to answer on the back weren't a problem. And they had the form there to be filled in i believe. 

I think the essence of it is you NEED to sign that form in front of an officer there at the ceremony. 

I finally received the notice in the mail today.  It was postmarked last Friday on 9/7/18 so even USCIS said they had mailed on 8/28/18, it was not actually mailed that day.  Hopefully no more surprises after this.

On 9/11/2018 at 3:41 AM, xpress88 said:

I finally received the notice in the mail today.  It was postmarked last Friday on 9/7/18 so even USCIS said they had mailed on 8/28/18, it was not actually mailed that day.  Hopefully no more surprises after this.

I am glad you got it. I do not know what goes on in those offices. I checked my online account. It said they sent me the n445. Never got it. Then, it said they sent it again I think a day later. Never got that one. 

Here is the kicker. I am on the phone with them, they will fax it to me. Never got it. I get on the phone with them again. Don't get it. Now it is the day before the ceremony and I am insisiting to stay on the phone while they fax it. She compromises and says she will call me back when they fax it. Ok. She calls me back and says she can't fax it. And this was the third fax number i gave her and i triple checked every one to make sure they were single lines, lol. 

Later that day after pretty much giving up i got a call from fedex saying I had a fax. They were so happy, I had called there, i am not kidding, about 20 times to check and see if the fax was in. They finally just took my number - leave us alone! That is what uscis will do to you, turn you into a wreck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.