Caladan

Dear UPS,

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
:lol: good you found your package

Oh, no, that's the worst of it. It isn't here. The only reason I know it was left at the front door is that that's what the website says. Package's gone. Super doesn't have it, I don't have it, UPS says they don't have it, but that they delivered it to the front door.

UPS has to replace it. Trust me.

Call up

They didn't replace the package that they left on my parents' front porch while they were in San Antonio at my dying grandmother's bedside. It contained their Christmas presents from me. They said if it was stolen because nobody was home, it wasn't their problem. Actually, their exact words were "It's not our f*cking problem, lady." :angry:

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh, no, that's the worst of it. It isn't here. The only reason I know it was left at the front door is that that's what the website says. Package's gone. Super doesn't have it, I don't have it, UPS says they don't have it, but that they delivered it to the front door.

Call up

They didn't replace the package that they left on my parents' front porch while they were in San Antonio at my dying grandmother's bedside. It contained their Christmas presents from me. They said if it was stolen because nobody was home, it wasn't their problem. Actually, their exact words were "It's not our f*cking problem, lady." :angry:

They really said that? :o Did you pursue it? Cause that is hardly acceptable customer service...

They really said that? :o Did you pursue it? Cause that is hardly acceptable customer service...

Yep. Parcel Farce (not a typo) said it to a friend of mine when a package that they left in his bike shed was stolen by a hoodie. :lol: I think package delivery people the world over are probably just a$$holes. It's a theory. B)

I bought the items on the internet and the sellers replaced them free of charge, and I'm assuming they went after UPS for compensation. But they didn't get there in time for Christmas.

Call up

omG that's insane.

I don't know about person to person. If you had insured it, I can't see why you wouldn't have a claim.

I used to work in mail order, and if a parcel was left by ups, and then not rec'd...we'd bill UPS for a replacement and send it out to the customer.

And they left a pkg here that never arrived, so we called the vendor and a new one was sent out. UPS guy came out the next day grumbling cos he said he'd have to pay for it.

omG that's insane.

I don't know about person to person. If you had insured it, I can't see why you wouldn't have a claim.

I used to work in mail order, and if a parcel was left by ups, and then not rec'd...we'd bill UPS for a replacement and send it out to the customer.

And they left a pkg here that never arrived, so we called the vendor and a new one was sent out. UPS guy came out the next day grumbling cos he said he'd have to pay for it.

UPS used to be really good; where did the suck come from???

Yep. Parcel Farce (not a typo) said it to a friend of mine when a package that they left in his bike shed was stolen by a hoodie. :lol: I think package delivery people the world over are probably just a$$holes. It's a theory. B)

I bought the items on the internet and the sellers replaced them free of charge, and I'm assuming they went after UPS for compensation. But they didn't get there in time for Christmas.

Ahhh missed this one before posting. I'm sure they did bill UPS. The only time UPS is not liable is if the receiver authorizes the parcel to be left...like you order summat online, say in the shipping instructions 'leave on back porch'...then yer screwed. Or if you miss a delivery, and use that lil slip to authorize them to leave it on a redeliver...

Not for nothing, that was a focking bullsh!tastical thing to say to you...

UPS used to be really good; where did the suck come from???

Dunno....my neighborhood is going through a mail theft problem and UPS knows this. Many parcels have gone missing.

So what a stupid thing to do to leave a $500 package outside

Ahhh missed this one before posting. I'm sure they did bill UPS. The only time UPS is not liable is if the receiver authorizes the parcel to be left...like you order summat online, say in the shipping instructions 'leave on back porch'...then yer screwed. Or if you miss a delivery, and use that lil slip to authorize them to leave it on a redeliver...

Not for nothing, that was a focking bullsh!tastical thing to say to you...

I didn't give them any special instructions at all. It's retarded to leave a package on a front porch like that in north Dallas; people get really good sh!t delivered in the run up to Christmas and burglars know that. They cruise around just looking for anyone dumb enough to leave goodies on the porch for them to take. I assumed they'd leave them with my mom's beaky-nosed neighbor who is always home, but they left 'em on the front porch. Lazy f*ckers.

Timeline

I'd have written a letter of complaint reporting that person, I really would. Might have got some freebies or something. Whenever I've had to shop at Argos (godforsaken place) and have had bad service, I've complained and they ALWAYS send you at least a 20 quid voucher.

Dunno....my neighborhood is going through a mail theft problem and UPS knows this. Many parcels have gone missing.

Yeah, but if they're not stuck paying for it then what do they care? :lol: God they suck.

I'd have written a letter of complaint reporting that person, I really would. Might have got some freebies or something. Whenever I've had to shop at Argos (godforsaken place) and have had bad service, I've complained and they ALWAYS send you at least a 20 quid voucher.

I've no use for UPS freebies. Nobody's ever sent me a voucher before, ever! Maybe I should b!tch about bad service instead of praise the good service. I did gripe to Sainsbury's once about those giant plastic trays that they sell herbs in, but all I got was a kiss-off letter from them saying how they 'constantly review packaging' and all that. :rolleyes:

Timeline

Yeah, but if they're not stuck paying for it then what do they care? :lol: God they suck.

I've no use for UPS freebies. Nobody's ever sent me a voucher before, ever! Maybe I should b!tch about bad service instead of praise the good service. I did gripe to Sainsbury's once about those giant plastic trays that they sell herbs in, but all I got was a kiss-off letter from them saying how they 'constantly review packaging' and all that. :rolleyes:

Try Argos, just make something up. They'll send you a voucher! :lol:

P.S. Isn't it 2am there in the UK or something? lol

Edited by mags

'Tis, m'dear...I'm trying to become nocturnal because my mother-in-law is only awake during the daylight hours. She's visiting for SIX FOCKING DAYS...my husband never says how long she's going to be ruining my life for until I ask. He laid it on me this morning...she's not leaving until WEDNESDAY. I wish this wasn't a bank holiday weekend.

Timeline

'Tis, m'dear...I'm trying to become nocturnal because my mother-in-law is only awake during the daylight hours. She's visiting for SIX FOCKING DAYS...my husband never says how long she's going to be ruining my life for until I ask. He laid it on me this morning...she's not leaving until WEDNESDAY. I wish this wasn't a bank holiday weekend.

Oh bloody hell, my sympathies to you dearie. If you don't drink I recommend starting! :lol:

But that's the point I'm making...they do...

Timeline

Do the drivers themselves get reprimanded for a package getting lost? Cos if they don't they have no incentive to make sure the packages get taken in. Some companies can write off this kind of thing too, which kind of sucks big time, cos they don't need to care then.

Do the drivers themselves get reprimanded for a package getting lost? Cos if they don't they have no incentive to make sure the packages get taken in. Some companies can write off this kind of thing too, which kind of sucks big time, cos they don't need to care then.

Well the driver was grumbling that he was going to have to pay for it...tbh, I can't see them actually making him pay...but I really don't know how the deal with it internally.

While I feel for the guy, I'm not payin it!

See, I live on a multi acre piece of land in a city area with the rest of the houses int he area on normal lots. And it's a busy subdivision, busy street. And there are electric gates down at the front and an intercom. Ironic thing was, I WAS HOME!!!! and he never rang the bell, just left it in front of the gates! Didn't even put it on my side of the gates, just left it there, right near the sidewalk. When the house is set back some 300 feet.

So what a dumbazz thing to do. Ontop of me already telling him multiple times DO NOT LEAVE PACKAGES BY THE GATE

Edited by LisaD