vponce

I-485 part 3 after being rejected

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I ended up receiving a notice of action with everything that I sent saying it was rejected. Stupid me used the old (but not expired?) I-485 form. Now I'm a bit confused on Part 3 of the updated one. Do I put "Yes" since I submitted this and got rejected? If so would the location be the lock box in Chicago? And when I send everything back with the updated form can I put everything (replacing the old with new form) and ship it off or do I have to reprint and redo everything? They didn't give back my cover letter so do I make another? They had everything stabled and packed in a certain order. Also do I keep the I-797C or sent it back with the packet? 

1 hour ago, vponce said:

So I ended up receiving a notice of action with everything that I sent saying it was rejected. Stupid me used the old (but not expired?) I-485 form. Now I'm a bit confused on Part 3 of the updated one. Do I put "Yes" since I submitted this and got rejected? If so would the location be the lock box in Chicago? And when I send everything back with the updated form can I put everything (replacing the old with new form) and ship it off or do I have to reprint and redo everything? They didn't give back my cover letter so do I make another? They had everything stabled and packed in a certain order. Also do I keep the I-797C or sent it back with the packet? 

We got rejected as well. We talked to somebody on the phone and they said we don't have to fill out and print everything again and I think somebody on visajourney did that and they were fine but I was concerned that each page had series of number at the bottom so we redid everything. After that I felt that perhaps it was not necessary!
And I vaguely remember checking somewhere about part 3, and you are supposed to say 'no', not yes.( I actually just checked with my husband and he says you should say 'no' - there's difference between being rejected and being denied). And as we used Fedex the first time, we used Fedex again, you just have to make sure you put the right address, not the same one as for the lockbox - I know they say they want it sent to the lockbox but it was fine.

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I that's a relief! I need to check again, but I don't think they gave us back the 4 passport styled photos? Do we have to retake those? 

3 hours ago, vponce said:

I that's a relief! I need to check again, but I don't think they gave us back the 4 passport styled photos? Do we have to retake those? 

Make sure you check you have everything - it is like applying again... They sent my photos back but if they did not send yours you need to resend them and make sure nothing else is missing. I was sure  for a bit they did not send our marriage certificate ( certified copy) back but it was there, folded in a small brown envelope.
It may not go the same person and it's like starting from scratch.

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.