7 posts in this topic

My wife (USC) and I filed our I-751 in October last year (at the Texas Service Center, we are in Houston) As I posted a few weeks ago, about a month ago we rec'd an RFE. We are in the process of putting all the ####### together AGAIN, but I am feeling that no matter what I send them, we are going to get called for an interview regardless. 2 things: does anyone/everyone agree with that assumption and 2) Does anybody know of anyone who has actually been denied and/or deported at this final hurdle?

Thanks.

D.

Edited by Doyle

Filed: Timeline
My wife (USC) and I filed our I-751 in October last year (at the Texas Service Center, we are in Houston) As I posted a few weeks ago, about a month ago we rec'd an RFE. We are in the process of putting all the ####### together AGAIN, but I am feeling that no matter what I send them, we are going to get called for an interview regardless. 2 things: does anyone/everyone agree with that assumption and 2) Does anybody know of anyone who has actually been denied and/or deported at this final hurdle?

Thanks.

D.

I saw one experience posted on skyweb. The couple received the letter that their case was chosen for an interview but a few months later they received an approval letter without any interview. But that’s only one time I saw people not being called for an interview after such a letter. All the cases that I know were denied were based on some kind of waiver. One experience I saw posted somewhere was telling a story of a denial after the interview. The couple was separated for questioning and they had some discrepancies in some answers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Thanks.

D.

Doyle,

What exactly did they ask in the RFE? Very curious.

K-1 Timeline

06.04.2004 - I-129F sent to NSC

06.14.2004 - NOA1

09.03.2004 - NOA2

11.03.2004 - Interview (APPROVED - Visa in Hand)

12.04.2004 - Fiancee arrived - POE: San Francisco

AOS, EAD, AP Timelines

01.10.2005 - Submitted AOS, EAD, AP in person (Kansas City)

01.20.2005 - AP received (Approved 01.14.2005)

03.03.2005 - EAD received

06.27.2005 - AOS Interview

07.05.2005 - CONDITIONAL Permanent Residence Status GRANTED (APPROVED)

07.28.2005 - Permanent Resident Card received

I-751 Timeline

04.17.2007 - I-751 sent to NSC

04.20.2007 - NOA1 (Mail received 05.04.2007)

05.18.2007 - Biometrics completed

04.01.2008 - Transferred to CSC

05.07.2008 - Approved

05.13.2008 - Permanent Resident Card received

N-400 Timeline

04.21.2010 - N-400 sent to USCIS Phoenix AZ Lockbox

05.05.2010 - NOA1 (Mail received 05.10.2010)

05.26.2010 - Biometrics Appointment

07.12.2010 - Interview (USCIS Status changed 06.04.2010 & Mail received 06.07.2010)

09.17.2010 - Oath Ceremony (Mail received 08.20.2010)

" HOPE" IS THE THING WITH FEATHERS--

THAT PERCHES IN THE SOUL--

GO BUCKEYES...!!!!

Thanks.

D.

Doyle,

What exactly did they ask in the RFE? Very curious.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...43&hl=doyle

I just read ur previous posting and noticed you did not send injoint bank statements,

which i heard are considered very important in the eyes of USCIS.

If you can show joint finacial account you STILL CAN GET AWYA FROM INTERVIEW.

Re: Joint bank statements, you are probably right, but I didn't realise that it was a REQUIREMENT. Anyway, we have now opened a joint savings account and we are in the process of going through both of our bank statments, showing "financial co-mingling", ie: Cable bill in my wife's name, but it is paid out of my bank a/c etc etc. It is just a nightmare, and I am really, really tired of the USCIS.

Filed: Timeline

Doyle,

Joint bank statements is not a requirement.

Yodrak

I just read ur previous posting and noticed you did not send injoint bank statements,

which i heard are considered very important in the eyes of USCIS.

If you can show joint finacial account you STILL CAN GET AWYA FROM INTERVIEW.

Re: Joint bank statements, you are probably right, but I didn't realise that it was a REQUIREMENT. .....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.