laurenmat

Received Transfer notice to Nebraska

50 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Cocoza said:

So you are saying people who decide to apply for 400 with a pending 751 have stuff to hide? Really?!

Well basically, his rational is like this when a passenger in an airport was asked if he/she could present a cell phone, the CBP officer will justifies "if you have nothing to hide, why don't you want to cooperate with us?" 

Once CBP takes the cell phone, they will look and obtain all sensitive information such as your banking, your text/emails, and your search history without any kind of court warrants. I read an article CBP developed a tool to extract information, and some travelers recommends to bring a burner cell phone during CBP inspection while sending actual cell phone using a FEDEX. 

I believe Post 911 phobia against terrorism really deteriorates American democracy: In other words, everyone is treated as guilty until proven otherwise, and a burden of proof always relies on each person, not government (sounds familiar?! huh?)

On 5/24/2018 at 2:43 PM, richie&cassie said:

Hey guys. Hope all is well. Sent my ROC and CSC received it on 02/27/2017 with a year extension for May 2018.

We went to our Local Office(hard to get an appointment) on April 30, 2018 and i got another extension(I-551).

My question to all of you talking about the N-400. 

If your I751 is still pending , why take a chance filing the N-400. The word is "pending" not approved yet.

If you have nothing to hide, why not wait until you get approved then you start the next process.

My advice to all of you; please just wait the approval of your I751 then start the N-400 app. 

If all your ducks are line up,nothing to hide, just be patient and wait.

I've been waiting as of today for 15 months going on 16. Meantime we bought a house, a baby girl will be a year old tomorrow.

we both are working and thanks be to God for all He's providing to us and all of you. We are at the right place.

Guys God is good all the time.

ignorance!

44 minutes ago, xillini said:

Well basically, his rational is like this when a passenger in an airport was asked if he/she could present a cell phone, the CBP officer will justifies "if you have nothing to hide, why don't you want to cooperate with us?" 

Once CBP takes the cell phone, they will look and obtain all sensitive information such as your banking, your text/emails, and your search history without any kind of court warrants. I read an article CBP developed a tool to extract information, and some travelers recommends to bring a burner cell phone during CBP inspection while sending actual cell phone using a FEDEX. 

I believe Post 911 phobia against terrorism really deteriorates American democracy: In other words, everyone is treated as guilty until proven otherwise, and a burden of proof always relies on each person, not government (sounds familiar?! huh?)

Quite interesting rational right there. The fact remains that regardless of applying for N400 or not, ROC is a stand-alone process. Meaning that they would adjudicate it solely on the grounds at which you were given your C.G so that would be based on the evidence submitted for ROC. N400 has completely nothing to do with USCIS making decisions on your ROC. If you applied for N400 and at the end of the day still do not meet the requirements to have your ROC approved, both applications automatically get denied. 

99% of people who go ahead to apply for N400 are almost confident that they are clean and would stand to defend it any day or time.

He just sounds like a Hypocrite talking about how he has a job and how he bought a house and all that, so he is the SAINT. The rest of us cannot get jobs or buy houses or even have kids with our spouses i guess, so we have stuff to hide. SMH!! 

9 hours ago, Cocoza said:

So you are saying people who decide to apply for 400 with a pending 751 have stuff to hide? Really?!

People have genuine ultimate goals on becoming citizens ASAP. One of such goals are JOBS & CAREERS. There are certain jobs that would ONLY employ citizens due to security clearance and all of that. 

Someone who has degrees in Engineering for instance and has dreams to work in the Aviation Industry but cannot get into his dream Career due to certain restrictions and is just "working" to pass time being unhappy at his current "work". Would the person not do all he can to get one step closer to his dream Career? 

There are numerous reasons why people take certain decisions. You talk about GOD but you are out here judging people. Smh.

Cocoza that not what i meant. Just be patient and go step by step. I'm old school and we all invest a lot of money here in these processes. After i wrote this comment around june 12th right before we left for Cancun to celebrate our 4th anniversary USCIS requested more evidences. When we got back within a week i sent all to them. Two weeks ago my wife ROC was removed and approved. Now she is in the process of filing her N400. All i'm saying just be patient. I'm so sorry if you read my comment the wrong way. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.