ISLPK

Administrative Processing

76 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

I send them email to their address.. I don't know about inquiry form..if your case gets updated frequently then its a good sign.. My status does not get updated unless I send them any inquiry and lawyer said he cannot do anything now to expedite the processing ..we just have to wait

May you get your visa soon. 

Kindly share their email address here.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, Shazyyo said:

I send them email to their address.. I don't know about inquiry form..if your case gets updated frequently then its a good sign.. My status does not get updated unless I send them any inquiry and lawyer said he cannot do anything now to expedite the processing ..we just have to wait

I confirmed it from my father, any one can contact congressman of one's area. 

If he took your case then he ll provide you updates and will keep following your case. I think its a good option to try.

Please tell me the email address of embassy on which you send emails.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, Shazyyo said:

This is the inquiry form through which i contacted them thrice but in vain.

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

If you have used other email address than this one, then give that address to me so i can also use it.

1 hour ago, Mirza Ali said:

This is the inquiry form through which i contacted them thrice but in vain.

https://pk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiries/

If you have used other email address than this one, then give that address to me so i can also use it.

Its Pak92info@state.gov 

Do mention your case number, name, intrview date and visa category in the email text... Okay I will look into this congressmen thing.. But honestly, I don't think anything can make them approve our visas.. Administrative processing is a waiting game...why your father took so long for his asylum approval? :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I have petitioned for my wife’s CR1/IR1 Visa. It took almost a year time for our I-130 to be approved no RFE at that time too our case was in additional review that was informed to us by USCIS. Finally after approval we had our interview in march 2018 after a long wait of almost a year and half since we filed I-130 petition. I was present at the interview with my wife and the interview went well. The CO was pleasant, we even cracked a couple of jokes. But in the end they gave us a 221g form saying administrative processing our file is incomplete and did not ask us any more document. The CO did not give us any information as to why the AP. Told us he will work on it as soon as possible. We were stuck in AP status for 3 months our case status date kept getting updated, it changed to ready end of June and then we received a vague email saying document returned with passport. Our passport was with us so it was confusing, we contacted embassy who asked my wife to come and collect some documents waiting at dropbox. She collected the packet which contained another 221 g letter stating that her file is incomplete and to submit her passport along with a new police clearance certificate PCC. We obtained the new PCC and she submitted passport and new PCC about 2weeks ago. Since then our case status still shows READY there has been last case updates date changes for a couple of times last on 6th July but since nothing else no news at all. When I wrote to support they mention my case is still in AP. It’s very confusing. Please can someone shed any light on this. What’s going on ? What does this mean? This is driving us crazy... thanks 

Edited by arrhythmia

I am also in the similar situation where after the additional evidence( as per request by CO at the time interview) with passport submission 1 month back still in Administrative Processing.

Would appreciate if any one can give us some idea of how long  in general take to get it resolved. I understand for some it might be months or even year

1 hour ago, Shazyyo said:

Its Pak92info@state.gov 

Do mention your case number, name, intrview date and visa category in the email text... Okay I will look into this congressmen thing.. But honestly, I don't think anything can make them approve our visas.. Administrative processing is a waiting game...why your father took so long for his asylum approval? :(

Thanks for email address.

Its a long story. Case got rejected by many courts because the incompetency of the lawyer then my dad changed his lawyer and finally got approval from higher court. 

Edited by Mirza Ali

1 hour ago, arrhythmia said:

Hello,

I have petitioned for my wife’s CR1/IR1 Visa. It took almost a year time for our I-130 to be approved no RFE at that time too our case was in additional review that was informed to us by USCIS. Finally after approval we had our interview in march 2018 after a long wait of almost a year and half since we filed I-130 petition. I was present at the interview with my wife and the interview went well. The CO was pleasant, we even cracked a couple of jokes. But in the end they gave us a 221g form saying administrative processing our file is incomplete and did not ask us any more document. The CO did not give us any information as to why the AP. Told us he will work on it as soon as possible. We were stuck in AP status for 3 months our case status date kept getting updated, it changed to ready end of June and then we received a vague email saying document returned with passport. Our passport was with us so it was confusing, we contacted embassy who asked my wife to come and collect some documents waiting at dropbox. She collected the packet which contained another 221 g letter stating that her file is incomplete and to submit her passport along with a new police clearance certificate PCC. We obtained the new PCC and she submitted passport and new PCC about 2weeks ago. Since then our case status still shows READY there has been last case updates date changes for a couple of times last on 6th July but since nothing else no news at all. When I wrote to support they mention my case is still in AP. It’s very confusing. Please can someone shed any light on this. What’s going on ? What does this mean? This is driving us crazy... thanks 

If your case is updating on regular basis then its a good sign, its mean somone is working on your case. Have faith you ll get your visa soon.

When they issue visa they update case daily for 5, 6 days and then status would change to issued. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mirza Ali said:

If your case is updating on regular basis then its a good sign, its mean somone is working on your case. Have faith you ll get your visa soon.

When they issue visa they update case daily for 5, 6 days and then status would change to issued. 

I hope that is the case. This process sucks! So the update last happened on 6th July and since then nothing has changed.. it’s very confusing why would they ask for passport if they don’t want to issue visa or take more time now it’s just very annoying 

On 7/20/2018 at 3:02 PM, Mirza Ali said:

My case always updated on Friday. and usually updated after a month. what does it mean?
share your experience as well. 
if anyone has received his visa then let us know here.

If case gets updated on its own then its a good sign... My case status gets updated only when I send them an enquiry... I am so frustrated now... Its been ten months and 4 days since interview... 

41 minutes ago, Mirza Ali said:

After how much time/days your case updates when you send them email?

It depends.. Sometimes they do not reply and case does not get updated and other times they do not reply but case gets updated next day of my email enquiry. This time I sent them an email on 10th July and they didn't reply me.. Then on 20th July (after ten days of enquiry) I got their reply (same automatically generated reply) and then I checked my status... And it was updated too... Did you send them email and what did they reply u

1 minute ago, Shazyyo said:

It depends.. Sometimes they do not reply and case does not get updated and other times they do not reply but case gets updated next day of my email enquiry. This time I sent them an email on 10th July and they didn't reply me.. Then on 20th July (after ten days of enquiry) I got their reply (same automatically generated reply) and then I checked my status... And it was updated too... Did you send them email and what did they reply u

I sent them email.

They did not reply me.its more than 7 days now. But our cases get update after 2 days. 3 of our 4 cases get update for the first time. Before that they were just updating 1 case after each month. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.