Brankster

K-1 extra info

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi i am from the UK and my fiance lives in Malibu, CA. I have had my medical on the 17th of April and am waiting on my police report before i send in my checklist. What i was wondering was that once i send my checklist how long roughly will it be before i have my interview. I think i have everything i need as i have seen Lisa twice since we filed for the K-1 in November. One other thing was for the interview do i need to take proof of income. Also Lisa does not have that much in her bank maybe a few hundred dollars but is on a $60k salary. I will be taking between $30k and $40k when i go so should i take in my bank statements also.

Thanks

There's no way to predict how long it will take to get an interview, unfortunately.

But to give you an idea of recent action at London - we mailed back packet 3 and the checklist on 4/16. On 4/21, we received the letter with an interview date of June 8th.

If the USC's salary is enough (as $60k should be), there is no need to 'prove' what she has in the bank. Get the I 134 (notorized) from her, plus her employer letter. Just in case, bring either a bank letter or bank statements - but I doubt they'd ask you for them after they see her income.

Oh and :time:

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I find the timelines to be useful for this, select K-1 advance view and filter for UK, then look for P3 sent to interview.

:time: Yours: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=34168 It helps make them more accurate for you and others on the journey.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...;op4=1&op5=

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

As for I-134 60k is more than enough.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.
  • Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (2005,04,03) (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS
  • Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years
  • Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.
  • Photo copies of past 6 months pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

She has sent me all they documents already. So what about me do i need to take any proof of what i have in my bank??

Nope, but it never hurts to have to much. In our case all they even took from my fiance' at the interview was my W-2 and the I-134.

I guess they didnt want to look thru the mound of financial documents.

Edited by Dan+Nikki

08/18/02 We meet

09/11/06 We get Engaged

10/21/06 Mailed I-129F & Documents to NSC

10/23/06 Discovered VJ Forum

11/03/06 K-1 NOA1

01/17/07 K-1 NOA2

03/12/07 Medical

04/13/07 Interview Sucess!

04/17/07 Visa Delivered

04/26/07 POE Minneapolis - 5 Stars !

06/02/07 Wedding

08/17/07 AOS Filed

11/19/07 Biometrics

12/17/07 Transferred to CSC

01/24/08 E-mail stating 2 Year Green Card production ordered.

01/04/10 Filed I-751

02/05/10 Biometrics

02/18/10 Ten Year Green Card Production ordered

02/23/10 10 Year Green Card Arrives in Mail!

899646.gif

Agreed. I gave my fiance the I 134, employer letter, a years worth of bank statements, the last 3 years worth of tax returns (plus W2s), and information about my retirement account and mortgage. I'd rather have him overprepared instead of underprepared. ;)

SA4userbar.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.