patiently_waiting

any CASA updates?

197 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Natalie,

The calls are being made and the e-mails sent. Calls there and calls here to the DOS. So far, all are to no avail. There is nothing we can do to make them open any quicker than they plan to. This is much bigger than any of us. I'm not sure what kind of security reviews they are doing seeing as how they had tight security to begin with and it was never breached. They are being reactive and sadly, at this point, not much that can be done.

sorry my fiance i think likes to think he is me sometimes but that wasnt me. i know you ladies are all in the same boat as me. i know that we are doing as much as we can for our men, emails calling and impatience is killing us all. unreturned emails are killing me unanswered prayers maybe ALLAH is doing this for a reason? but me i dont want to wait another 6 or more months to touch zakaria again i cant have that. you know i have been trying to contact the embassy its expensive and waste a $1 a min to talk to someone my fiance thinks they annoying the consulate will get us somewhere but i dont think it will. he said they are lazy but i know there has to be something more behind why they are closed so long.you know its not like it was hard for the terrorists to blend in... But going crazy is what everyone is doing. i understand sometimes crying on eachother shoulders is what we can do and all we can do let things takes it course ALLAH is making them wait for something what i dont know but something good inchallah. well must be back to getting ready to leave home getting my new apartment:D:D:D

.png

How it started:

10/17/05 Answered email from him asking to talk

10/20/05 First time talking on hotmail msn

2/5-15/06 First visit, love his family celebrated my 20th birthday there

6/15- 7/15/06 stayed at parents house again in Morocco got engaged

10/16/06 got a good job so I had to wait to see him again

1/14-28/07 went to see him again for the last time in Morocco

2/8/07 happy birthday to me and I sent the papers for K-1

2/12/07 NOA1 for K-1 visa

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

3/1/07 sent to Visa Center

4/15/07 interview

STUPID TERRORISTS RUINED THE INTERVIEW DATE

waited for 2 months of nothing

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

8/8/07 got MARRIED YEA FINALLY!!!

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

2/21/08- Chicago received our package

2/27/08-sent NOA1 for both EAD and I-485

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

3/21/08- sent back RFE with all info

3/31/08-received RFE info

4/2-touched

4/18-EAD card ordered:D:D:D:D

4/23-card created& AOS transfered to CSC!!!

4/24- AOS touched:D

4/26- EAD CARD RECEIVED!!! WOOHOOO

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

5/11-12-13-14-15-AOS touched

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/20/2008 sent out info for RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

8/20/2008 received green card

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is from the Department of State Daily Press Briefing on April 16th.

QUESTION: On the Consulate in Morocco --

MR. MCCORMACK: Yes.

QUESTION: How long do you think that the Consulate will be closed? Is it indefinitely while pending this --

MR. MCCORMACK: No, I -- look, the current status is that it's closed to the public. There are personnel that are working there, essential personnel who are dealing with a lot of security related issues to make sure they have the proper security posture to protect people who work there and may be visiting at any given point in time. We have not yet been able to determine with Moroccan authorities exactly the target of these bombers. Some people have speculated that it may have been the consulate or it may have been an American center that is right near by. We can't confirm that. But the fact that the bombs did explode in relatively close proximity in the neighborhood of the consulate raises some real concerns and we want to make sure that we have the proper security posture with the American personnel, but also working with the Moroccan authorities.

QUESTION: Well, whether it was the consulate proper or an American center nearby, I mean, certainly it seems that American interests per se seem to have been targeted.

MR. MCCORMACK: Well, we can't say that. I know that there's been a lot of speculation about that, but we just don't know that as a fact. And the -- to this point, the results of the investigation have not led to that definitive conclusion. That said, of course, we're going to take into account the fact that these went off in the neighborhood. And I think it would be a real dereliction if we didn't take a look at our security posture and make sure that we were doing everything that we could to protect the people there.

I was hoping to find some sort of time table. hahahahaha...anyway....there has not been a mention of it since that day in the briefings by DOS. This is one of the those worst case scenarios that ran through my mind while we were waiting for our turn. I hope this gets resolved quickly.

Twila

Edited by tnh9479

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Timeline

i know i wont lie down but there is only so much we can do ladies, only so many call emails we can make them go crazy and they would never want to open up. maybe ALLAH has something better planner for us then this, you maybe teach us something for show us something that love needs patience and thorough thoughts and patience. but i know one thing i have learned from this. i wont with this process on anyone else. not even my worst enemy. i pray that everyone has a good peaceful interview in the weeks to come and pray that everyone will get what they want. as far as doing what we can do is what we do.

love natalie

.png

How it started:

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

4/15/07 interview

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

4/2-touched

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i know i wont lie down but there is only so much we can do ladies, only so many call emails we can make them go crazy and they would never want to open up. maybe ALLAH has something better planner for us then this, you maybe teach us something for show us something that love needs patience and thorough thoughts and patience. but i know one thing i have learned from this. i wont with this process on anyone else. not even my worst enemy. i pray that everyone has a good peaceful interview in the weeks to come and pray that everyone will get what they want. as far as doing what we can do is what we do.

love natalie

Yikes.

It looks like you made your transition from Christian to Muslim real quick. How's that going?

Timeline

love natalie

Yikes.

It looks like you made your transition from Christian to Muslim real quick. How's that going?

I love Islam its the best religion . i know i have changed but thats what happens when it comes to changing religions from being a hardly going to churcher to praying everyday so much, but i love it.

natalie

.png

How it started:

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

4/15/07 interview

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

4/2-touched

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

Filed: Timeline

I read that briefing a few days ago. Was disappointing and didn't say anything that would make any of us feel better. The only upside for me and mine is that we'll have more recent pictures to give them of my second visit. Leaving May 10.

Was the one that detonated himself running from capture, or was it on purpose right there? Do you think it is good that he didn't plan it well enough to kill anyone else. I read somewhere that it is a good sign that they apparently weren't trained well enough to do more damage, lack funding perhaps. Is it possible that could be the case?

Come ooooonnnnn terrorists! Do something stupid to tip off the police! (something stupid, but not lethal....)

BT

If I cause offense it is not on purpose, think about that before you take offense. If you feel offended, consider that maybe I'm not talking about you and maybe I accidentally stumbled onto a sore area and do not know. Thank you.

Timeline
I read that briefing a few days ago. Was disappointing and didn't say anything that would make any of us feel better. The only upside for me and mine is that we'll have more recent pictures to give them of my second visit. Leaving May 10.

Was the one that detonated himself running from capture, or was it on purpose right there? Do you think it is good that he didn't plan it well enough to kill anyone else. I read somewhere that it is a good sign that they apparently weren't trained well enough to do more damage, lack funding perhaps. Is it possible that could be the case?

Come ooooonnnnn terrorists! Do something stupid to tip off the police! (something stupid, but not lethal....)

BT

like that would be hard for these guys. i think they wanted to get caught or something bc if you look at the other terrorists they are still at large come on we havent found Osama yet i think these were just stupid ones.

natalie

.png

How it started:

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

4/15/07 interview

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

4/2-touched

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

Filed: Other Timeline
oy stream of consciousness.

if only

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

BT

like that would be hard for these guys. i think they wanted to get caught or something bc if you look at the other terrorists they are still at large come on we havent found Osama yet i think these were just stupid ones.

natalie

Hey Natalie have you decided to wear hijab? Is Zakaria really happy that you're Muslim now?

Timeline

BT

natalie

Hey Natalie have you decided to wear hijab? Is Zakaria really happy that you're Muslim now?

of course he is happy any true muslim man would be happy that hiswife would convert and truely love and respect islam. and as far as wearing the hiijab i wont until i have my first child. bc its respectful to ALLAH and to my husband.

.png

How it started:

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

4/15/07 interview

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

4/2-touched

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

Filed: Other Timeline
of course he is happy any true muslim man would be happy that hiswife would convert and truely love and respect islam. and as far as wearing the hiijab i wont until i have my first child. bc its respectful to ALLAH and to my husband.

ALLAH forbid he gets any respect before the first child is born.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Timeline

ALLAH forbid he gets any respect before the first child is born.

ALLAH is to be respected before the first child you are told to respect him before you are old enough to read and write.

.png

How it started:

2/28/07 NOA2 For K-1

4/15/07 interview

6/5/07 interview

6/10/07 got visa

6/26/07 came to america

AOS-

Filed AOS & EAD-2/14/08

3/11/08- Boimetrics& RFE

4/2-touched

4/30- AOS touched

5/01-AOS touched again

6/11/2008 RFE2

6/26/2008 touched again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.