kins

Packet 3 questions

5 posts in this topic

OK I have my packet 3 and am nearly finished filling it in. Couple of really thick questions...

OF 169 (the checklist), do I tick 9 where it says 'If you are the beneficiary of a family-based immigrant visa petition etc'. Is being a spouse a family-based petition?

DS 230 part 1, question 14, where it says Address of Spouse... here's the situation. My husband is moving to the US in two weeks, so shall I put his current UK address down, or the US address where he will be living by the time I get to my visa interview?

DS 230 part 1, question 25, list all previous visits to or residence in the US - shall I put most recent visits first? Or doesn't it really matter either way?

The packet 3 arrived 8 days after I received the I-130 notice of approval - I was pretty pleased with that. Hope others are getting on okay?

Mike and Jill's I-130 timeline

9 Jan 2007 - sent application for police record

11 Jan 2007 - posted I-130 off

17 Jan 2007 - I-130 officially filed

22 Feb 2007 - Mike received official job offer in the US

13 Apr 2007 - I-130 approved

21 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received

23 Apr 2007 - posted packet 3 to Embassy

25 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received at Embassy PO box

30 Apr 2007 - medical in London

30 Apr 2007 - received packet 4

7 Jun 2007 - interview - visa approved :-)))

9 Jun 2007 - received visa and mystery brown envelope

30 Jun 2007 - planning to move to US

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
OK I have my packet 3 and am nearly finished filling it in. Couple of really thick questions...

OF 169 (the checklist), do I tick 9 where it says 'If you are the beneficiary of a family-based immigrant visa petition etc'. Is being a spouse a family-based petition?

DS 230 part 1, question 14, where it says Address of Spouse... here's the situation. My husband is moving to the US in two weeks, so shall I put his current UK address down, or the US address where he will be living by the time I get to my visa interview?

DS 230 part 1, question 25, list all previous visits to or residence in the US - shall I put most recent visits first? Or doesn't it really matter either way?

The packet 3 arrived 8 days after I received the I-130 notice of approval - I was pretty pleased with that. Hope others are getting on okay?

hi kins,

The I-130 is a family-based immigrant visa petition, and you are the beneficiary (if you're the non-US spouse).

If you know his US addy, and he'll be there from interview time, use that one.

Are you sure it doesn't specify which order the visits are to go in? I confess, I'm not looking it up, I just seem to remember that for some of the dated things, the top line was for most recent & work your way backward.

Woohoo! That is a nice quick turnaround.. a few people have been asking about that. How long was it from I-130 submission to approval?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

hi kins,

The I-130 is a family-based immigrant visa petition, and you are the beneficiary (if you're the non-US spouse).

If you know his US addy, and he'll be there from interview time, use that one.

Are you sure it doesn't specify which order the visits are to go in? I confess, I'm not looking it up, I just seem to remember that for some of the dated things, the top line was for most recent & work your way backward.

Woohoo! That is a nice quick turnaround.. a few people have been asking about that. How long was it from I-130 submission to approval?

Thanks for your reply...

It doesn't specify the order for visits to the USA. I think I will do most recent first, that's how I've answered the other questions on the form.

Yes I was really pleased with how quick the packet 3 arrived. The I-130 took three months to process but the whole Adam Walsh thing happened in the middle so I guess that slowed it down. I'm hoping the rest of the process is reasonably fast, because my USC husband moves from the UK to the US in less than two weeks, leaving me and our three children behind, and we're going to miss him like crazy...

Edited by kins

Hi Kins,

With your Q14 are u going to list all the dates u went to the USA? and do u know if they will ask u to prove that u went and came back on these dates? because i cant remember how long i went for some of the trips....

thanks

Andy

I have listed all the trips I can remember. I actually filled in one of these forms 8 years ago when I went through the fiance visa process, so I copied the information from there, and I've only made a few trips since then. I've just put down the information as I can best remember... I completely forgot one trip till I got my husband to check through the form and he reminded me that we went out there for a wedding in 2005.

Fun isn't it?!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.