Someone12345

Filing for I-751 ROC Divorce Waiver

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

My timeline: Met 07/2015; K1 granted 03/2016; Came to US 04/2016; Married 04/2016; CPR 07/2016; US Citizen Spouse left the house 09/2017; I filed for divorce 09/2017; CPR exp date 07/2018;

I'm considering starting collecting my ROC waiver papers now, and attach the divorce decree once I have it and submit it to USCIS:

1 - Divorce Decree  - don't have it yet, but will obviously attach it once in hands

2 - Joint Car Insurance - the car was financed by him prior to the marriage

3 - Joint Home Lease from 2016 & 2017

4 - Joint Tax Return 2017 - we got married after he filed for his tax returns in 2016

5 - Joint Bank Account Statements (from 2016 until its closure, a couple of weeks ago)

6 - Electricity & Cable Bill (only under his name but showing the same address)

7 - 100 pictures of us with family/friends and in trips together with small descriptions to each, including pictures of our "elopement" wedding in 04/2016 and of the huge wedding party we threw 1,5 month ago (yes, 1 and a half month ago!) and even a link to the actual video of the wedding

8 - Copy of his Credit Card statement and a copy of my credit card linked to his (I was added as his authorized user)

9 - Copy of love emails we used to send each other when we were apart still dating

10 - Copy of Love Cards we would give each other every anniversary/special occasions

11 - Cover letter I wrote telling the story of our relationship from the day we met til now

12 - Affidavits from the Landlord, from 2 common friends attesting the veracity of our marriage. Possibly an affidavit from my US Citizen spouse too, but I'm not sure he'll give it to me - apparently he's really trying to make me suffer.

13 - Copy of a few wedding cards we received from friends at our big celebration 1,5 month ago, as well as copy of a couple of holiday gifts addressed to both of us sent by friends.

14 - Copy of Marriage Certificate

15 - Copy of Mine and his birth certificate

16 - Copy of my passport/CPR GC

17 - Copy of his expired US passport - he renewed his recently and I believe won't be willing to send me a copy.

Am I missing anything else?

I was naïve during my marriage and didn't get a lot of documents together, like putting both our names in every bills :( I loved him very much and now with the divorce I get to see his true colors in trying to hurt me as much as he can, for no reason, really. It's hurting enough, I just want this to be over... sorry for saying these things, it's just so hard some times, you trust your life to someone's hands and care and devote yourself, give up on your life and dreams in your place for love and in the end, once you have a life here, you're treated with so much despise from someone you once thought was the one... I have friends, a job, and my life is all in the US now.

Thank you all.

Edited by Someone12345

4 minutes ago, Damara said:

Dont include an affidavit from him if hes being difficult. If you include it they have the right to talk to him to verify it and who knows what kind of garbage he will say if/when questioned. With no affidavit from him they can not speak to him. 

Thank you and good point, Damara. I'll leave it out. Other than that, do you think my petition sounds complete enough? Do you have any more documents you can suggest that I send over that I didn't mention?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.