Froggie

Airline Tickets

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys,

Was wondering what most have done to buy tickets for flights one way to states from Philippines?

My fiancee will come to Hawaii like on 12 May and i plan direct flight on PI airlines. My questions is whether she has to buy ticket there or what? I will check with my travel agency next week but most won't do one way from another country to here.

Does she have to buy there or is there another way? I could ask PI airlines online what they will do.

I plan on day she gets visa in mail for her to fly next day. She has money there for ticket but if not I can order online but will they issue E-ticket for international flight.

Thanks again for your inputs and good luck to all.

PS: My baby has 3 May interview, if anyone else has and wants to meet up with her, let me know. It sometime best when u know other going through same appt and situation.

Love timeline

May 04 - Meet in Korea

Jan 05 - Become best friends

May 05 - Left Korea for Hawaii

Jun 05 - Visited Korea and my baby for week, became more then friends

July 05 - She left Korea for PI

Nov 05 - Visited my baby in Manila and Baguio

July 06 - Visted 2nd time for 3 weeks in Cebu

July 17, 2006 - Asked her to marry me, I WILL she said, YEAH!

18 Mar-2 Apr, 07 - PI trip for third time (vacation,vacation)

2 Apr 07- Back from PI trip

Petition Info

19 Dec, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to CSC

21 Dec, 2006 - Recieved by CSC

25 Dec, 2006 - Recieved NOA1 in Mail

25 Dec 2006 - Touched

Jan 2007 - Found VJ thx God

08 Mar, 2007 - Touched by CSC (come on approval)

09 mar, 2007 - Touched again!

14 Mar, 2007 - Recieved NOA2 in mail , approved 9 Mar 07 (no email sent)

19 Mar 2007 - Case recvd at NVC

28 Mar 2007 - Case recvd at Us Embassy Manila

09 Apr 2007 - Faxed early appointment request (military movement orders as reason)

14 Apr 2007 - Recd DHL with packet with interview/medical appts (early request approved)

26 Apr 2007 - Medical appt

03 May 2007 - Interview DONE! Approved! Waiting Delbros

09 May 2007 - Recvd Visa from Delbros

10 May 2007 - Flight to Honolulu via Guam on Continental

10 May 2007 - Fiancee arrived in Honolulu

15 May 2007 - Married on Koolina Beach

Great website!

Thanks

DJ + MG

She only needs to buy one-way ticket to the US. If she knows a travel agent back home, she can ask them for a specific flight date or if she has a preferred airline. The travel agent will ask for a photocopy her passport with the visa in it if she will confirm a flight. So what il suggest is for her to look for flights first and confirm it when she has the visa with her. Since she has the money, she can pay it from there and will be issued an e-ticket. Goodluck to both of you.

AOS JOURNEY

Feb. 6, 2007 Mailed AOS & EAD application

Feb. 8, 2007 Application received by Chicago lock box

Feb. 13, 2007 Check encashed by DHS and a touch for AOS & EAD

Feb. 15, 2007 Received NOA1 for AOS & EAD and a touch for both

Feb. 20, 2007 Received biometrics appointment for Mar 1

Feb. 22, 2007 EAD touched

Mar. 1, 2007 Biometrics appointment at St. Louis, Mo.

Mar. 2, 2007 AOS & EAD touched

Mar. 10, 2007 Received notice of transfer to CSC re: AOS

Mar. 11, 2007 AOS touched and received 3 emails re: transfer

Mar. 15, 2007 AOS touched, received 3 emails re: case is now pending in CSC

Mar. 16, 2007 AOS touched

Apr. 19, 2007 EAD touched

April 2000 Met online

July 21, 2004 Official GF/BF

Dec. 3, 2004 USC filed I-129F

April 24, 2005 Met in person for the 1st time in Manila, Phils.

April 25, 2005 Bought the engagement ring and proposed marriage (officially and personally)

May 8, 2005 USC left Philippines

May 20, 2005 I-129F disapproved, condition of prior meeting not met before petition was filed

June 1, 2005 USC appealed disapproved I-129F

Feb. 6, 2006 USC filed 2nd I-129F with lawyer's help

Mar. 6, 2006 USC came back to Manila, Philippines - 2nd time

Mar. 13, 2006 USC's departure from Manila :-(

May 30, 2006 2nd I-129F got approved

THE REST IN OUR TIMELIME

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Guys,

Was wondering what most have done to buy tickets for flights one way to states from Philippines?

My fiancee will come to Hawaii like on 12 May and i plan direct flight on PI airlines. My questions is whether she has to buy ticket there or what? I will check with my travel agency next week but most won't do one way from another country to here.

Does she have to buy there or is there another way? I could ask PI airlines online what they will do.

I plan on day she gets visa in mail for her to fly next day. She has money there for ticket but if not I can order online but will they issue E-ticket for international flight.

PS: My baby has 3 May interview, if anyone else has and wants to meet up with her, let me know. It sometime best when u know other going through same appt and situation.

you can book and buy for her on-line thru pal, they allow this. i just did it. jeff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very educational post, Thank you

I will be doing this around July probably ..

CB

Guys,

you can book and buy for her on-line thru pal, they allow this. i just did it. jeff

Donnie and Sylvia

You may certainly purchase her ticket online (one-way will suffice). I, however, decided to purchase mine here, through an agent. Getting one online would have been less hassle, but I figured that the hundred dollars I'd saved was worth the hassle of actually talking to real people face to face. :) I could have saved more, but I sort of dilly-dallied, and that cheaper flight ended up fully booked before I could get a ticket.

I-129F sent .........................8/08/2006

Interview............................3/23/2007

VISA RECEIVED .......................3/29/2007

Sent AOS package to CHI..............7/12/2007

Biometrics in CLE, OH................8/14/2007

Interview in CLE, OH................10/16/2007

GREEN CARD RECEIVED.................11/15/2007

Sent ROC to CSC......................8/10/2009

NOA1.................................8/12/2009

Biometrics...........................9/18/2009

Card Production Ordered ............10/01/2009

Sent N400 to AZ lockbox ............11/08/2010

Application received................11/12/2010

Check cashed........................11/15/2010

Biometrics (CLE)....................12/03/2010

Interview (CLE).....................01/14/2010

Oath Taking (CLE)...................02/04/2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

me and my hubby searched for a travel agency online and when we found one, we agreed to get an eticket. he sent me money and i paid it in phils travel agency.

K1

06/11/07 ----------- Received GC

Been there..Done that.

You can buy the ticket for her in the US if you want to..just make sure that the ticket is in her name. If it's a paper ticket you will have to mail the ticket to her but if it's an E-ticket it's even better. Some airlines require the passenger to have a copy of the credit card that was paid for the ticket with. You just need to check with your airlines.

I had Claudeth buy the ticket in the Philippines, it was about $150 cheaper than what I could find here. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.