Jump to content

Can deported father return to US to donate kidney to daughter

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My father was deported back in 2007 after spending nearly 17 years in federal prison. In 2009 I learned that I was in end stage renal failure and needed a transplant. I have been on the list for about 8 years. I wanted to know who I would or could contact about getting my father over here to possibly donate me a kidney or to get the workup to at least see if he is a match??

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

the work up can be done with him out of the country. so zero chance there.

if he is a match i would think there is a decent chance depending on what his crime was and if you are a usc. though it would be wise to explore the option of you going to him if you are a match.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.