janice21

need help pls..

1 post in this topic

Good day. 

Back in April, my fiancé and I called the USCIS to ask about my previous K1 application and if we need to have that cancelled first. The USCIS personnel assured us there won't be any problem because that case was already considered abandoned as we didn't go through with the process after NOA2. My ex-fiancé and I already broke up before we even receive the NOA2. As we were told we won't have any trouble about it, I scheduled my interview and completed requirements. 

I had my K1 interview last july 28. During pre-screening, I was told that there are two active petition in my name. Still, the consul told me to proceed to the next step. I was able to do half the interview process such as biometrics, and they also had some of my requirements (my birth certificate, certificate of no marriage, NBI clearance, and the result of my SLEC medical examination). I still have my fiancés papers, though. After the oath-taking and the interview, I was instructed to proceed to the releasing area where they gave me back my passport and a letter stating that our packet was returned to the USCIS and that my fiancé should speak to them. We are currently in contact with my ex-fiancé and he is willing to cooperate to withdraw the case. 

My questions are: (1) Is our petition pending or do we have to restart the whole petition process? (2) After the previous petition gets withdrawn, how long will it take before we can resume the embassy process or reapply if needed? 

I hope you can assist with these questions. It will be a great help. Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.