4 posts in this topic

Today I received an Email saying that my I129f wich was on the National Benefit Center, was transfer to Vermont, Is this good or bad? On Vermont is where they have my I130 since 06/26/06. :( I129f transfer from national benefit center to vermont

On 06/26/06 I sent my I130 to Vermont and received NOA1 on 06/30/06, after that I haven't received anything else, I'm always calling USCIS office and they just tell me to wait 3 more months and it been 9 1/2 months already, why is this taking so long. My husband live in Dominican Republic and my biggest problem is that in my country the embassy is so slow it takes them about 2 years just to give you an interview. That means that I have to wait around 2 1/2 to bring my husband to US. :devil:

Filed: Timeline
Today I received an Email saying that my I129f wich was on the National Benefit Center, was transfer to Vermont, Is this good or bad? On Vermont is where they have my I130 since 06/26/06. :( I129f transfer from national benefit center to vermont

On 06/26/06 I sent my I130 to Vermont and received NOA1 on 06/30/06, after that I haven't received anything else, I'm always calling USCIS office and they just tell me to wait 3 more months and it been 9 1/2 months already, why is this taking so long. My husband live in Dominican Republic and my biggest problem is that in my country the embassy is so slow it takes them about 2 years just to give you an interview. That means that I have to wait around 2 1/2 to bring my husband to US. :devil:

Hello!

If you want to still pursue the I-130 to see where it is at, use these shortcuts below. I learned real quick on this site. If you find your local congressman, go to his website and fill out the form for help with immigration and fax it to them. They will contact immigration for you and get an answer. The best part is they will actually look for the file, not give you the run a round if you try to go in yourself. When Congressmen or Senators get involved, things seem to happen. They are still looking for mine, but at least they are LOOKING!! Good idea that you sent the other one in. Kind of like gives you another chance, I wish I had done that too. I still may.....but waiting it out a little longer!

Hope I copied and pasted these right!

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello!

If you want to still pursue the I-130 to see where it is at, use these shortcuts below. I learned real quick on this site. If you find your local congressman, go to his website and fill out the form for help with immigration and fax it to them. They will contact immigration for you and get an answer. The best part is they will actually look for the file, not give you the run a round if you try to go in yourself. When Congressmen or Senators get involved, things seem to happen. They are still looking for mine, but at least they are LOOKING!! Good idea that you sent the other one in. Kind of like gives you another chance, I wish I had done that too. I still may.....but waiting it out a little longer!

Hope I copied and pasted these right!

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW.shtml

I am new here because I am tired of waiting and I am looking for answers. I sent it in july 28 and recieved it in August and still no approval. Btw sent it to California, plus it's local. So now I am curious, (egyptian wife) what does it actually do when you contact your congressman or sentaor. I am curious if you don't mind me asking, have you recieved your noa2 by doing this kind of action. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
This does seem to work if the case is still in the USA at the USCIS or the NVC. If it is at the Consulate, there isn't much the senators can do there. Right now, USCIS is a bit slow. It has been taking about 6 months for some people to get approved there.

If you are petitioning for a Dominican, the wait at the Consulate for an interview can be 2 years or more!

Can someone explain why they jump numbers??? Our I-130 has been in the Dominican

Consulate since 10/06 and the I-129 since 11-06....Our numbers are 17000 & 18000 but this month I see on the waiting list that petitions filed along w/our dates & petitions for 2007 have appointments for next month & also those new petitions are now in the lower numbers....How did they get jumped past my applications????

Is there anything I can do....I tried calling the number they give(where you have to pay all this money for the phone call) and they are useless, they just give you the same info that you can see on the web....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.