9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello everyone!!

Last week I had posted about my husband and I going to an infopass appointment and being told that his name check had cleared about a week earlier but we were not allowed to see an immigration officer till after May 15th (6 months after interview date). We haven't seen any changes in our status online, not a single touch since December 2, 2006.

We're convinced that they won't do or send anything till we go there.

Do you think that if we made another infopass appointment we'd be denied from seeing an officer again? Part of me thinks that the woman didn't let us go up because it was a religious holiday and they may have been short staffed, the waiting room area was completely empty and there were less then 10 people at the windows. Maybe it's me being hopeful.

It's just why can't they just send us upstairs? The sooner they do this the sooner they get another case done.

:help: What would you guys do? Would you make an Infopass now or wait till May 15? :help:

Thanks for all the advice!!!

E.

Edited by hola79

6/23/06 - Sent AOS & EAD

7/03/06 - NOA on both

7/28/06 - Biometrics appointment

9/15/06 - EAD approved

9/21/06 - EAD received

11/15/06 - Interview - Approved pending name check

2/22/07 - Called USCIS - still in the processing times, have to wait till processing dates read after

8/3/06 to call back

3/16/06 - Called USCIS again - should receive something in the mail within 45 days answering

my "What's taking so long" question

3/22/07 - Received letter from USCIS stating that they are waiting for the name check to clear -

Wish they would send us some actual usefull information

4/06/07 - Infopass Appt. - Told that name check had cleared about a week ago but have to wait till

May 15 till we could go up to speak to an immigration officer

4/27/07 - AOS Touched

4/28/07 - EAD Touched

4/30/07 - Email saying Welcome Letter sent 4/27/07 FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

5/02/07 - Email saying Card Production ordered

5/04/07 - Welcome Letter received

5/04/07 - Email saying Approval Notice Sent

5/10/07 - Greencard received

Filed: Timeline

E.,

I'd make an InfoPass appointment for a date after May 15. They seem to be asking for about 6 weeks from receiving the name check results to complete the processing, not unreasonable.

Yodrak

Hello everyone!!

Last week I had posted about my husband and I going to an infopass appointment and being told that his name check had cleared about a week earlier but we were not allowed to see an immigration officer till after May 15th (6 months after interview date). We haven't seen any changes in our status online, not a single touch since December 2, 2006.

We're convinced that they won't do or send anything till we go there.

Do you think that if we made another infopass appointment we'd be denied from seeing an officer again? Part of me thinks that the woman didn't let us go up because it was a religious holiday and they may have been short staffed, the waiting room area was completely empty and there were less then 10 people at the windows. Maybe it's me being hopeful.

It's just why can't they just send us upstairs? The sooner they do this the sooner they get another case done.

What would you guys do? Would you make an Infopass now or wait till May 15?

Thanks for all the advice!!!

E.

Timeline

It's just that when I first posted about this many people also questioned why we weren't allowed to go "upstairs."

Also like everyone on here I'm tired of waiting. We're told at our interview that we're apporved pending name check and 5 months later we found out that he's cleared name check but no status change on our case.

My reasoning for going is we're out of processing time, we're out of name check, what's the new hold up?

It's just I don't understand why we weren't allowed "upstairs"in the first place. You can't really agrue with them because they do somewhat hold your future in their hands.

I guess what my real question is, Why if the one thing that was holding up our case is now done why do we have to wait till after 6 months after our interview date?

6/23/06 - Sent AOS & EAD

7/03/06 - NOA on both

9/15/06 - EAD approved

9/21/06 - EAD received

2/22/07 - Called USCIS - still in the processing times, have to wait till processing dates read after

8/3/06 to call back

3/16/06 - Called USCIS again - should receive something in the mail within 45 days answering

3/22/07 - Received letter from USCIS stating that they are waiting for the name check to clear -

4/06/07 - Infopass Appt. - Told that name check had cleared about a week ago but have to wait till

4/27/07 - AOS Touched

4/28/07 - EAD Touched

i dont know the answer to your questions, obviously there does seem to be flaws in the logic of what they told you, but fact is they did tell you to wait until May 15, and I am sure they are not doing it just to make you wait longer! just be patient, you have a nugget of hope, and soon it will be over.

Timeline

Yodrak,

Thanks for your reply. That explains things more then what we were told at the infopass appointment. I'd been looking for some timeline or something that showed how long after name check clearing did they send the greencard.

The woman at the infopass just said that she couldn't send us up because it hadn't been six months since the interview, that was all.

We're just going a little nuts we've started making travel and moving plans but none can be finalized till the card is in hand. It's messed up that someone can have so much control over your future.

E.

6/23/06 - Sent AOS & EAD

7/03/06 - NOA on both

9/15/06 - EAD approved

9/21/06 - EAD received

8/3/06 to call back

4/27/07 - AOS Touched

4/28/07 - EAD Touched

Timeline
i dont know the answer to your questions, obviously there does seem to be flaws in the logic of what they told you, but fact is they did tell you to wait until May 15, and I am sure they are not doing it just to make you wait longer! just be patient, you have a nugget of hope, and soon it will be over.

Thanks lal_brandow!

I don't know how you guys do it. I hope you get your nugget of hope soon!

6/23/06 - Sent AOS & EAD

7/03/06 - NOA on both

9/15/06 - EAD approved

9/21/06 - EAD received

8/3/06 to call back

4/27/07 - AOS Touched

4/28/07 - EAD Touched

Filed: Timeline

E.,

I don't understand about the six months from interview, maybe that's the local office policy given that the USCIS has no control over when the FBI report might be received - it could be weeks, it could be a year or more. Six months is probably a good average.

In any case, you wrote that at the time of the appointment the name check results had come back only 1 week prior? 1-2 weeks from receiving the FBI results to getting back to the case and completing the approval paperwork seems reasonable, then sending the approved paperwork to the appropriate SC to generate the card, then a few weeks more to generate and mail the card.

Mailings, e-mails, and updates to the online status system are not generated from the local offices, they come from the SCs. So allowing 6 weeks or so from the time FBI results are received at the local office until the time that you should be notified about something is about right. Then having allowed sufficient time for something to have happened, if nothing has happened it is reasonable to inquire again.

Yodrak

Yodrak,

Thanks for your reply. That explains things more then what we were told at the infopass appointment. I'd been looking for some timeline or something that showed how long after name check clearing did they send the greencard.

The woman at the infopass just said that she couldn't send us up because it hadn't been six months since the interview, that was all.

E.

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.