Haydee

Mexicans CR1 proccess

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello! everyone, it has been long time since i dont make a post in the site, and i was wondering how are the mexican-american couples doing with the Cr1, i am waiting since September for my visa appoiment at CDJ, so while i share my long waiting with all of you guys i would like to know how the rest of you out there are doing and support each other with our proccesses, also has anybody been lucky about the "waiting time" for the appoiment ???

Thank you! and good luck! :thumbs:

ticker.png

ticker.png

116068696014366.gif

Timeline
Hello! everyone, it has been long time since i dont make a post in the site, and i was wondering how are the mexican-american couples doing with the Cr1, i am waiting since September for my visa appoiment at CDJ, so while i share my long waiting with all of you guys i would like to know how the rest of you out there are doing and support each other with our proccesses, also has anybody been lucky about the "waiting time" for the appoiment ???

My wife's case was forwarded to CDJ in June 06, we received our appointment package last week and the interview is scheduled for June 7. We were married 4/05, so on the plus side she should recieve IR1 instead of CR1. The first form we sent to NVC was back in 8/05, so overall 2 months shy of a two year process.

It appears that the interviews are being scheduled a solid year from the time the paperwork arrives at CDJ, and you get about a 45 day notice before the interview date.

Don't let the wait get you down!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife's case was forwarded to CDJ in June 06, we received our appointment package last week and the interview is scheduled for June 7. We were married 4/05, so on the plus side she should recieve IR1 instead of CR1. The first form we sent to NVC was back in 8/05, so overall 2 months shy of a two year process.

It appears that the interviews are being scheduled a solid year from the time the paperwork arrives at CDJ, and you get about a 45 day notice before the interview date.

As rjm65 stated, it's at minimum a solid year right now for CR1s. Hopefully this will change in the near future as CDJ appears to be trying to address their enormous backlog.

Timeline

Our file was sent to CDJ on June 2, 2006 and we have not gotten our appointment packet as of yet. We are waiting for the CR1 as well. Our waiver was filed March 06' and was approved in March of 07'. We filed our waiver with the K visa in Feb. 06'. It seems like we are always witing and waiting. good Luck

Timeline

You are lucky that you got your packet. Our file has been in Cdj since June of 06' as well and we haven't gotten the packet yet. Maybe soon. when we call they never give us a direct answer about anything.

Timeline

I would try sending them an email to: cdjimmigrantvisas@state.gov

Following is a copy of the last email I sent them last month:

CASE: <your case number here>

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our case was forwarded to the consulate in Ciudad Juarez in June of 2006. We have been quoted processing time estimates of 9-12 months, we are now on month 10. Are cases that arrived in June 2006 still being processed within the time estimates originally quoted?

Any information you can provide us regarding the status of our case would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Raymond

Generally I have found that the first email, such as the one above will get you back a generic response. The response usually doens't make sense, it's like if they hadn't actually read your email. Now, I discovered that if I simply hit reply to the generic email they sent me, and re-asked the question (perhaps wording it a little different), then I would get a more specific response.

The emails you receive from CDJ are not signed per se, but they will have some initials at the bottom. I suspect that when you hit "reply" to the email, it gets forwarded to the person whose initials appear in the email. The 2nd replies always have the same initials as the 1st message from CDJ, and it seems they take a little more time in reading your letter the second time around.

The key thing is to hit reply when you get the generic email response back from CDJ, do not create a new email. Hope this helps you get some information.

Raymond

You are lucky that you got your packet. Our file has been in Cdj since June of 06' as well and we haven't gotten the packet yet. Maybe soon. when we call they never give us a direct answer about anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.