Jai D

I 797 Approval Notice Received

29 posts in this topic

Hello There I need Help Guys I Have Received Approval I 797 and it says Congratulations will be sending a new GC I would like to know what are the next steps will there be any interview again? or I just need to wait for the Card? Except the Letter I don't see any updates with my case number still the same from last 387 Days. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jai D said:

Hello There I need Help Guys I Have Received Approval I 797 and it says Congratulations will be sending a new GC I would like to know what are the next steps will there be any interview again? or I just need to wait for the Card? Except the Letter I don't see any updates with my case number still the same from last 387 Days. 

Congratulations 🍾🎊🎉🎈 

Just a matter of time!

i believe mine took like 2 weeks from approval welcome letter to receive the card in hand.

online status are not reliable. 

Edited by Frank1420

Just now, Frank1420 said:

Congratulations 🍾🎊🎉🎈 

Just a matter of time!

i believe mine took like 2 weeks from approval welcome letter to receive the card in hand.

Hello Frank Thank You Very Much . When Does the Case Status Change online it still showing the same Case Received  but it doesn't say it has been approved or anything so I am little bit worried? App how many days does it took for you to get changes on your case 

Timeline

My online status took I'd say 2-3 days it went from interview scheduled to case was approved, then from there to card was mailed, but some people here have received their gc without their online case status changing. I know first hand how you feel but you received a hard copy of your approval, just a matter of time friend 😊

1 minute ago, Frank1420 said:

My online status took I'd say 2-3 days it went from interview scheduled to case was approved, then from there to card was mailed, but some people here have received their gc without their online case status changing. I know first hand how you feel but you received a hard copy of your approval, just a matter of time friend 😊

Frank Thank You again I got Approval Letter on Monday and I am still using the same EAC Number starting from June 2016 it didn't change. I don't know if I am in the right website can you send me the link if possible to check status? Once you have letter of approval will they ask for Interview again? 

Timeline

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

case status enter your receipt # and that's it.

i do not think it changes, it stays the same throughout the whole process mine was a MSC.

I believe once you are approved there is no need for another interview. Maybe later on for ROC if you are getting a 2 year conditional gc or when you file for citizenship, but other than that you should be fine. 

*** my advice is just based on my own experience ***

Edited by Frank1420

https://www.uscis.gov/

once you are there go to check online case status enter your receipt # and that's it.

i do not think it changes, it stays the same throughout the whole process mine was a MSC.

I believe once you are approved there is no need for another interview. Maybe later on for ROC if you are getting a 2 year conditional gc or when you file for citizenship, but other than that you should be fine. 

*** my advice is just based on my own experience ***

Thank You. I am finished with 2 Year Conditional GC Already this is for 10 Year Card I am waiting for. Did You get the New Design or the Old Design GC? Approval Letter Came on Monday so what do You think Frank another week to get the Actual Card? Sometimes you are saying it won't update GC will automatically? But usually USPS will send us the updates on the Card right? sorry for asking you way too many questions and this will be it 

Timeline

I received the new design.

After the approval letter mine took about a week. I was actually amazed by how fast it was.

As far as usps goes, I believe you can create an account and they will let you know when a package from uscis is on your way. As for myself I never tracked it or anything I simply waited and it was delivered to my attorney. She got it on a Friday and scheduled me to come in on the following Monday to pick it up.

i do not mind helping friend, there are others that have helped me here. I am glad I can be of some assistance and I hope I helped you by sharing my experience.

*** also I signed up for automatic updates through text/email on the uscis website*** as soon as your case is updated it will trigger alerts.

I received the new design.

After the approval letter mine took about a week. I was actually amazed by how fast it was.

As far as usps goes, I believe you can create an account and they will let you know when a package from uscis is on your way. As for myself I never tracked it or anything I simply waited and it was delivered to my attorney. She got it on a Friday and scheduled me to come in on the following Monday to pick it up.

i do not mind helping friend, there are others that have helped me here. I am glad I can be of some assistance and I hope I helped you by sharing my experience.

*** also I signed up for automatic updates through text/email on the uscis website*** as soon as your case is updated it will trigger alerts.

I have created a profile in USPS and I did have alerts setup in USCIS . Do you Think I can request USPS to send my G Card to my work Address because both me and my spouse are working and our mail box is not locked and its an apartment. My Spouse is little worried thinking may be they will ask for again interview? Frank Can You pls tell me will that be the case even after getting approval thanks thats all I have to ask I will keep you posted after I get updates on my profile 

Thanks 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jai D said:

I have created a profile in USPS and I did have alerts setup in USCIS . Do you Think I can request USPS to send my G Card to my work Address because both me and my spouse are working and our mail box is not locked and its an apartment. My Spouse is little worried thinking may be they will ask for again interview? Frank Can You pls tell me will that be the case even after getting approval thanks thats all I have to ask I will keep you posted after I get updates on my profile 

Thanks 

You should call your local usps office and explain your situation to them,they might be able to have you pick it up. You'd have to check with them. I guess it all depends on what their policy says. If they wanted an interview they would not have sent you an approval letter. I think once you are approved, it means exactly that. You are APPROVED. On another note if you are a legitimate couple you have nothing to worry about. In my opinion you just need to be patient. 

7 minutes ago, Frank1420 said:

You should call your local usps office and explain your situation to them,they might be able to have you pick it up. You'd have to check with them. I guess it all depends on what their policy says. If they wanted an interview they would not have sent you an approval letter. I think once you are approved, it means exactly that. You are APPROVED. On another note if you are a legitimate couple you have nothing to worry about. In my opinion you just need to be patient. 

OK Frank Thank You I will keep You Posted Have a Great Night . 

22 hours ago, Jai D said:

OK Frank Thank You I will keep You Posted Have a Great Night . 

Hello Frank How are you doing. When I get the new card Will Resident from will be from the Year my Conditional GC was from or will it be from 2017 ? And Date of Card Will be same as Date of Decision ? Thanks 

Timeline

Mine has the same date as my approval notice. As far as if what your 10 year card will say I do not know, I am a 2 year conditional gc holder at the moment. I'm sure someone else in the forum knows.

anyone? 

Just now, Frank1420 said:

Mine has the same date as my approval notice. As far as if what your 10 year card will say I do not know, I am a 2 year conditional gc holder at the moment. I'm sure someone else in the forum knows.

anyone? 

OK Frank Thanks But the other question was will the Card will be dated resident from the year I got the CGC first lets say example 2013 or will it be having from this year 2017 to 2027 . I got it decision date will be the date on the card for the other question I had.. Still waiting for the card no updates as of now.. 

23 hours ago, Frank1420 said:

anyone? 

Hello Frank This evening Status changed online and I got my e mail and texts as well New Card is Being Produced. So Frank what do you think another week till I get my GC? Thanks In advance 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.