Satisfaction

Guest-Worker Plan Gets Senate Boost

1 post in this topic

"WASHINGTON — A controversial proposal to give some of the estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants in the United States a path toward citizenship moved forward in a Senate committee Thursday, along with a plan that would allow additional foreigners to enter the country as guest workers — a priority for President Bush, the business community and many Latino groups.

The measures face many hurdles to becoming law and significant opposition in both chambers of Congress, but their progress Thursday makes it increasingly likely that the Republican Party will be forced into a prominent election-year showdown over the most divisive aspects of immigration law.

The advance came when several members of the Senate Judiciary Committee agreed on the two proposals early Thursday, drawing elements from several competing plans. Although the compromise is not assured passage, people following the process said the committee would probably approve it during a vote scheduled for March 27."

Los Angeles Times

By Nicole Gaouette and Mary Curtius

March 17, 2006

http://www.immigrationforum.org/DesktopDef....aspx?tabid=693

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.