Niels Bohr

Cambodian VJ Thread

419 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Those reviews aren't as detailed. I would suggest the reviewer writes it with this question in the mind, " What would an inexperience person want to know? "

Edited by consolemaster

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone;

My wife wants to buy a Canatech Khmer/English electronic dictionary. We are having trouble finding one here. We tried to buy one while we were in Phnom Penh in December, but everyone was out of stock. (seems to be very popular). Does anyone know if we can get one here.

Also I was wondering if anyone was going to Phnom Penh and could bring one back for us. Her aunt could buy it. We would have it shipped but the cost is high and not guaranteed that it would get here.

Any ideas that you might have would help.

Thanks

Sam

Removing Conditions

11/26/07 Mailed I-751

03/27/08 10 year green card approved

N-400

12/01/08 Mailed

12/24/08 check cashed

12/23/08 Noa-1

01/14/09 Biometrics

03/20/09 Interview

05/05/09 Oath

Filed: Timeline
Hello everyone;

My wife wants to buy a Canatech Khmer/English electronic dictionary. We are having trouble finding one here. We tried to buy one while we were in Phnom Penh in December, but everyone was out of stock. (seems to be very popular). Does anyone know if we can get one here.

Also I was wondering if anyone was going to Phnom Penh and could bring one back for us. Her aunt could buy it. We would have it shipped but the cost is high and not guaranteed that it would get here.

Any ideas that you might have would help.

Thanks

Sam

Hey Sam, I found this: http://www.languageteacher.com/76_english_...ctionaries.html

Pricy, but here stateside. it shows it to be the "383" model...

http://www.canatechs.com/index_1.htm < according to the manufacturer this model is just the dictionary. the 838 is the fancy one, yet language teacher/seller is showing the 383 as an organniser/calculator plus more....

Languge teacher does not say it is a Canatech. Yet it appears to be just that.

Jeff

Take a look at my timeline. From what I've heard, this is the norm. Despite what their instructions says they do not mail the packet 3 to the beneficially but rather, the petitioner in the US which can take literally 30+ days via snailmail. Give them about 2 weeks once it reaches the embassy and send them an email inquiry. They will reply back with the packet 3.

We already send out our packet 3 from the attached email they send us and yet have not received anything from the embassy. All calls to the embassy is a ring no answer. I plan on giving them another week before I ring them up again. I am still waiting on my packet 3 from them.

Lace, I have been wondering what is the purpose of the consulate sending you a "packet 3" postal mail, when they already sent one "email"?

And why send it to the petitioner?

I really can't find any instructions at all on thier website about the procedures for a K1. All they say is " All new immigrant, diversity and fiancée visa interviews will continue to be handled by appointment only. As before, applicants will be individually notified of their processing schedule. Public inquiries regarding Cambodian immigrant, diversity or fiancée visas inquiries should be directed to visasphp@state.gov. " And this: "As of February 1, 2007, immigrant and fiancé visa processing resumed at the United States Embassy in Phnom Penh. Applicants who have received an appointment letter with an interview date should arrive at the Embassy before 7:00 a.m. on the date specified in their appointment letter. "

Any thing else you are directed to the " Department of State " website which is just general imfo, and for specific embassy/consulate procedures contact them....seems like am chasing my tail :angry:

Have emailed them and heard nothing. I figure its been about 3 weeks or more although I have no idea if the consulate even has it.

I wonder how long they will take to contact if I do nothing...by June 9th will have already burned up 2 months of the 4 months USCIS gives to get this thing.

Thanks

Jeff

Timeline

Cambodian K-1 Packet 3's always go to the petitioner. Don't ask me why. That is why you download them and have the applicant fill them out or you fill them out ahead of time and send them to her. It is much faster then wait until it finally gets here via snail mail. Once I found out the embassy (BKK) had her petition We waited 3 days then sent in the checklist and the other things they asked for. We had our interview date before I received packet 3.

Removing Conditions

11/26/07 Mailed I-751

03/27/08 10 year green card approved

N-400

12/01/08 Mailed

12/24/08 check cashed

12/23/08 Noa-1

01/14/09 Biometrics

03/20/09 Interview

05/05/09 Oath

Cambodian K-1 Packet 3's always go to the petitioner. Don't ask me why. That is why you download them and have the applicant fill them out or you fill them out ahead of time and send them to her. It is much faster then wait until it finally gets here via snail mail. Once I found out the embassy (BKK) had her petition We waited 3 days then sent in the checklist and the other things they asked for. We had our interview date before I received packet 3.

Thanks Sam, I guess what I need is a recent checklist so I know specifically what they want..

Jeff

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thanks Sam, I guess what I need is a recent checklist so I know specifically what they want..

Jeff

hi, the Consulate sent Package3 via Email to me, if u want i can forward u the attachement.

2-22-2007 -Petition left NVC, heading to US Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

2-26-2007 -Received letter (date-2-23-2007) from NVC -Case Number generated -PHP2007***-***

2-26-2007 -Petition received by US Embassy -PP, Cambodia

3-29-2007 -US Embassy sent Package 3

4-10-2007 -Received Package3 via Email

4-12-2007 -Package 3 return to embassy vi FedEx

4-17-2007 -Visited fiance in Phnom Penh

4-18-2007 -Package3 delivered and received by Embassy in Phnom Penh

4-26-2007 -Medical Appointment 7AM -one day process!

5-03-2007 -Received two completed Medical Package, one for the Embassy and one for POE

5-14-2007 -Return back to the states -home-

6-02-2007 -US Embassy contacted my fiance to pick up her Appointment Letter on June 15th.

6-04-2007 -Appointment for Interview July 5th 7AM.

7-05-2007 -Passed Interview!!!

7-13-2007 -Pick up approved Visa (3pm)

7-17-2007 -POE San Francisco

8-07-2007 -Civil Marriage

9-18-2007 -Filed AOS

9-24-2007 -Notice Date

10-01-2007 -Received NOA I-797C Letter

10-27-2007 -Received I-797C NOA Request for Applicant to appear for initial Interview

12-19-2007 - Interview Wednesday December 19, 2007 1pm...San Jose, CA

Removing Conditions

11/14/2009 Sent I-751 Package

11/18/2009 Check cashed

11/21/2009 NOA1 I-797C (Receipt Date:11/16/2009)

12/10/2009 NOA2 I-797C Biometric Appointment 12/24/2009 12PM

01/19/2010 NOA3 I-797C Date of Decision 01/13/2010 (Approved)

01/21/2010 Received 10 yrs Gcard

Jeff

hi, the Consulate sent Package3 via Email to me, if u want i can forward u the attachement.

Sure Dustin go ahead..any specific way you want to?

Thanks

J.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Jeff

Thanks

J.

i need ur personal email addresss....Dustin

2-22-2007 -Petition left NVC, heading to US Embassy in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

2-26-2007 -Received letter (date-2-23-2007) from NVC -Case Number generated -PHP2007***-***

2-26-2007 -Petition received by US Embassy -PP, Cambodia

3-29-2007 -US Embassy sent Package 3

4-10-2007 -Received Package3 via Email

4-12-2007 -Package 3 return to embassy vi FedEx

4-17-2007 -Visited fiance in Phnom Penh

4-18-2007 -Package3 delivered and received by Embassy in Phnom Penh

4-26-2007 -Medical Appointment 7AM -one day process!

5-03-2007 -Received two completed Medical Package, one for the Embassy and one for POE

5-14-2007 -Return back to the states -home-

6-02-2007 -US Embassy contacted my fiance to pick up her Appointment Letter on June 15th.

6-04-2007 -Appointment for Interview July 5th 7AM.

7-05-2007 -Passed Interview!!!

7-13-2007 -Pick up approved Visa (3pm)

7-17-2007 -POE San Francisco

8-07-2007 -Civil Marriage

9-18-2007 -Filed AOS

9-24-2007 -Notice Date

10-01-2007 -Received NOA I-797C Letter

10-27-2007 -Received I-797C NOA Request for Applicant to appear for initial Interview

12-19-2007 - Interview Wednesday December 19, 2007 1pm...San Jose, CA

Removing Conditions

11/14/2009 Sent I-751 Package

11/18/2009 Check cashed

11/21/2009 NOA1 I-797C (Receipt Date:11/16/2009)

12/10/2009 NOA2 I-797C Biometric Appointment 12/24/2009 12PM

01/19/2010 NOA3 I-797C Date of Decision 01/13/2010 (Approved)

01/21/2010 Received 10 yrs Gcard

Jeff

Thanks

J.

i need ur personal email addresss....Dustin

I sent you a PM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.