Niels Bohr

Cambodian VJ Thread

419 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I emailed about once or twice a week. I think I've only received 2 emails from them the entire time since late June. From the time that you send Packet 3 expect about 7 or 8 weeks for it to get reviewed & approved. Then expect to wait about 3 to 4 weeks to get assigned an interview date. Then it's only a mere 11 to 12 more weeks to the interview. Despite everything I'm still very curious to know what's behind the slow down. Just do your best to be patient and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Timeline
Pack 3 from which one? July 18th or August 17th? Never even agknowleged the July one.....

They never acknowledged our first Packet 3 also. Just call the DOS at least once a week and you may hear something in a week or 2.

Timeline
just called the consulate, got ahold of the consulate operator, asked for the immigration unit, they are out to lunch til 1:30... :rolleyes: Gee, I should of known....

I once got through. The person I talked to told me that they cannot tell me anything about my case and that if I have any questions to send an email. I hope you have better luck than I did. So you need to stay up a bit later and try again or wait after the 3 day weekend and try again. According to their website, the Embassy observes US and Khmer holidays.....just something to keep in mind. My fiance tried calling a couple of times and never got through to someone and just heard the various automated messages.

I've also heard from someone else that the overall current processing at the Embassy has slowed down quite a bit.

Filed: Timeline

I once got through. The person I talked to told me that they cannot tell me anything about my case and that if I have any questions to send an email.

I should of called earlier. Open from 9:00 to 4:30 according to the operator. Send them an email eh? Ok I go that ammo ready for them. Thanks for the imfo NT.

I got to go to bed :P

I emailed about once or twice a week. I think I've only received 2 emails from them the entire time since late June. From the time that you send Packet 3 expect about 7 or 8 weeks for it to get reviewed & approved. Then expect to wait about 3 to 4 weeks to get assigned an interview date. Then it's only a mere 11 to 12 more weeks to the interview. Despite everything I'm still very curious to know what's behind the slow down. Just do your best to be patient and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

NT, Thea got an email reply from the consulate back on August 23, and did not tell me....She thought I got the same thing. here is what they said:

Subject: RE: I93 .

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:51:03 +0700

Thanks. It takes 10 to 12 weeks to schedule an appointment from the date of receipt this I-93.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy Phnom Penh

#1, St. 96, Sangkat Wat Phnom,

Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh

Timeline

NT, Thea got an email reply from the consulate back on August 23, and did not tell me....She thought I got the same thing. here is what they said:

Subject: RE: I93 .

Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:51:03 +0700

Thanks. It takes 10 to 12 weeks to schedule an appointment from the date of receipt this I-93.

Regards,

Immigrant Visa Unit

US Embassy Phnom Penh

#1, St. 96, Sangkat Wat Phnom,

Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh

Thanks the same basic info that I got from them. I'm headed over there in only 8 more days!! Can hardly wait. While I'm there we gonna go scope out the embassy and check out the weekly Embassy Friday Visa Dash! Should be a good race! We want to know what's in store for us. I can post about it if there's any interest.

It's gonna be great to be with my fiancee again and also to eat Khmer food again. Surprisingly I've had some of the best Indian food in PP also. Now my fiancee loves it just as much as I do.

So, this looks like it could be another 6 months..... Geees. Man these people. Notice they never said that august 23 was the receitp date.

I sent them a ####### email. And asked them what happen to the July 18 visa application instuctions we sent. I asked them how come they did not do anymore to contact us when they supposedly got one of the 2 sent pack 3's returned cause of a bad address that does not exist. I accused them of mispelling it. And if they sent to both the petitioner and the visa applicant why didn't the other half get it? I urged them to speed it up politely.

Timeline
So, this looks like it could be another 6 months..... Geees. Man these people. Notice they never said that august 23 was the receitp date.

I sent them a ####### email. And asked them what happen to the July 18 visa application instuctions we sent. I asked them how come they did not do anymore to contact us when they supposedly got one of the 2 sent pack 3's returned cause of a bad address that does not exist. I accused them of mispelling it. And if they sent to both the petitioner and the visa applicant why didn't the other half get it? I urged them to speed it up politely.

Most likely you will hear about the receipt date from the DOS before you hear about it from them. My advice is to call DOS tomorrow and each subsequent Monday until you hear about it and your interview date. Send your emails but just have the mentality of not expecting a reply....this will minimize your frustration.

I know, I know, I just did to try and do something. I feel like I got left behind. I also sent them our NVC letter :P Just for fun. It is dated April 26th. I dont figure I'll get any replys NT, just feels good to ask then questions that really have simple answers that they cannot do :rolleyes: for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Just checking to see any new status and to also give encourgement. Don't give up. You are near the finish line.

This is just horrible to have to wait this long. :angry: Just keep emailing the US Embassy and calling DOS. Hang in there everyone.

N-400 for Citizenship.

09/15/2010 Application Sent.

09/22/2010 Check Cashed.

09/23/2010 NOA Sent.

09/27/2010 NOA Received.

10/15/2010 Biometric Appointment.

01/26/2011 Interview Letter.

02/24/2011 Interview Date. PASSED!!!!!!!!

03/25/2011 Received oath ceremony letter

04/21/2011 Oath Ceremony @ 12:30PM

Oath Ceremony Completed. Now A US Citizenship.

I-130 Petition for Mother

05/05/2011 Application Sent To Chicago Lockbox.

05/11/2011 Check Cashed.

05/14/2011 Received NOA.

08/03/2011 RFE Notice Sent.

08/06/2011 RFE Received.

08/22/2011 Send Additional Evidence.

08/25/2011 Status Update Changed To RFE Received.

09/02/2011 Approval Notice Sent.

09/06/2011 Approval Letter Received.

09/29/2011 Received Email With NVC Number, Fee, And Choice Of Agent Form.

09/29/2011 Paid NVC $88.00 Fee Online.

09/30/2011 Online Status Changed To Paid.

10/07/2011 Emailed Choice Of Agent Form.

10/12/2011 Paid $404.00 IV Fee Online.

10/14/2011 Online Status Changed To Paid.

01/10/2012 Email From NVC Stating Case Complete And Interview Date 02/16/2012 @ 7AM

01/18/2012 Medical Appointment

02/16/2012 Interview Date PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Boy am I glad we got our K1 processed in Bangkok. Sound like the process has went to hell since they switched to Phnom Penh

Removing Conditions

11/26/07 Mailed I-751

03/27/08 10 year green card approved

N-400

12/01/08 Mailed

12/24/08 check cashed

12/23/08 Noa-1

01/14/09 Biometrics

03/20/09 Interview

05/05/09 Oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.