Niels Bohr

Cambodian VJ Thread

419 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
any words of wisdom? :whistle:

How about some cheesy oldies like:

Every cloud has a silver lining.

When the Phnon Penh US Embassy serves you lemons, try to make lemonade!

Sorry that's all I can muster. When it comes to the PP Embassy, wisdom and common sense just seems to fly out the window!!!!

I just got an email finally a few days ago from them telling me they are scheduling interviews 10 to 12 weeks from the time they receive/review the Packet 3. I sure hope that is not true. We mailed our Packet 3 about June 23 and according to their last email, they received it on August 3. There's not much to do just sit back and wait and get everything prepared for the interview. Personally my fiancee and I just try to stay busy....keeps us from getting to frustrated with them.

Hang in there!

Timeline

It is frustrating to keep on waiting the current slow pace of the PP Embassy. I have been wondering about evolution of the change from the visas being processed before in Thailand compared to now in Phnom Penh. Instead of getting all worked up about waiting to hear from the Embassy I thought I'd use my time a bit more constructively. Anyway I went into the K-1 timelines for Thailand and Cambodia to see how many days it was taking from the time Packet 3 papers are sent to the Embassy until the date of the interview. So I made a chart of my findings. Basically when the K-1 visas for Cambodians were being done in Thailand it was quicker and now it just down right sucks! On the hand now that the Embassy in Thailand does not have to do visas for Cambodians, it is getting much quicker for them! I think they should send some of the Embassy employees to help out in Phnom Penh. Although I wish I had more data points to use for Cambodia, I think the trend is pretty evident. The last 2 data points in the chart are based on the last email I received from the Embassy telling me they are currently scheduling interviews about 10 to 12 weeks from the time they process(not from time received) Packet 3.

post-32788-1188266192_thumb.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Nice NT, thought moving from Bangkok to P.P. would faster and easier on the girls, but as we can see it is the worst thing that happend.

Am still waiting to here from them if they received Thea's emailed I-93 that they say was not in the postal mailed envelope. So I don't even know yet if it has been received/approved. Makes me wonder what happend to the one we sent on July 16/17th. Sitting on someones desk or in the lost and found? I know call the dos. Hard for me to do without taking off work early.

I wonder what the DOS can do to speed this up?

Timeline
Nice NT, thought moving from Bangkok to P.P. would faster and easier on the girls, but as we can see it is the worst thing that happend.

Am still waiting to here from them if they received Thea's emailed I-93 that they say was not in the postal mailed envelope. So I don't even know yet if it has been received/approved. Makes me wonder what happend to the one we sent on July 16/17th. Sitting on someones desk or in the lost and found? I know call the dos. Hard for me to do without taking off work early.

I wonder what the DOS can do to speed this up?

I don't think there's anything you can do. When they process your papers it should get logged into the computer system and DOS will see it. I don't think there's anything they can do unless you don't hear anything from the Embassy for 90 days or more. I remember in late July the DOS told me to let them know after 90 days and I still do not hear from the Embassy as to whether they have received my papers from NVC. In the event 90 days passed and I still did not hear from the Embassy, the DOS told me they would check into it.

Sure wish they were still processing in Thailand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Woo Hoo!!!

I just got Packet 3 in the mail! (I already had it & sent in....just trying to keep a sense of humor about it than getting all frustrated.)

I got an email from PP on July 23 saying they'll send out Packet 3 as soon as possible. The enclosed letter was dated August 3rd and the postage was stamped on August 23. I'm really curious to know why the slowing process is getting worse. I sure hope something changes and they pick up the pace.

Filed: Timeline
Woo Hoo!!!

I just got Packet 3 in the mail! (I already had it & sent in....just trying to keep a sense of humor about it than getting all frustrated.)

I got an email from PP on July 23 saying they'll send out Packet 3 as soon as possible. The enclosed letter was dated August 3rd and the postage was stamped on August 23. I'm really curious to know why the slowing process is getting worse. I sure hope something changes and they pick up the pace.

NT, I got my 1 of 3 email replys on June 27th. Saying they were gonna send a pack 3, (postal?), I assume. Unlike others here who got it emailed and postaled.

But then when I called the DOS and found out that they had mailed it July 13th and had one of them returned. Yet the other half has never gotten it. According to Lace only the petioner will get it. It seems that someone is not telling the truth. And there is more confusion then facts. They say this and do that.

Notice, that you are not talking to a caucasian in yr emails? I can tell by the grammer.

Jeff

Timeline
Woo Hoo!!!

NT, I got my 1 of 3 email replys on June 27th. Saying they were gonna send a pack 3, (postal?), I assume. Unlike others here who got it emailed and postaled.

But then when I called the DOS and found out that they had mailed it July 13th and had one of them returned. Yet the other half has never gotten it. According to Lace only the petioner will get it. It seems that someone is not telling the truth. And there is more confusion then facts. They say this and do that.

Notice, that you are not talking to a caucasian in yr emails? I can tell by the grammer.

Jeff

That's what I thought also after the first email I got from them. But the 2nd email had very good grammar...much better than the first. Then again some of the engineers I work with do not write very well also.

Timeline

YEAH!!! WE FINALLY GOT AN INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warning for Do It Again! I hope you're sitting down when you read this next part. You're gonna blow a gasket!

It's not until NOVEMBER 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be prepared to wait Do It Again. Hang in there!

We're very happy to finally get an interview date but come on! Why so freakin long?!?! At least now we can start making some plans. I sure thought we'd be getting an interview at mid October at the very latest. We've been going nuts not being able to be with one another. So I'm gonna make a visit in a couple of weeks and then go back again in November. I'm just thankful that I've got a cool boss that lets me have some flexibility with my schedule. So now I just gotta finalize organizing all our documents for the interview.

I also updated the chart I had posted earlier to reflect the 147 days it took from the time we sent in Packet 3 until the assigned date of the interview. Lace & Dustin, you guys got through at a good time before the process went in to turtle mode!

post-32788-1188533044_thumb.jpg

Timeline
geesus

How did you find out NT?

I called the DOS yesterday and they let me know. So far the Embassy has not called my fiance yet. We were joking saying they'll probably call in a month or so. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.