helzie

Police Certificate Received

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My husbands K3 interview is on 2nd May. He has just received his police certificate.

It lists the following:

1 conviction for theft

4 cautions for theft

1 caution for fraud (evading a fare on the tube or train)

1 caution for drunk and disorderly.

All of these are more than 5 years old.

If we get the court transcripts for the conviction, is there a chance he will not need a waiver? Or will he difinitly need a waiver?

Any info would be helpful!!!

I am also posting this in the waiver forum.

Thank you!!!!

Filed: Timeline
My husbands K3 interview is on 2nd May. He has just received his police certificate.

It lists the following:

1 conviction for theft

4 cautions for theft

If we get the court transcripts for the conviction, is there a chance he will not need a waiver? Or will he difinitly need a waiver?

Thank you!!!!

hi

hi,oh boy ! i am now back in england after having g.c.denied because of convictions,i had 2 theft ,petty fines and was denied with no appeal.my family and i are now going through it all again,we lived there for 7 years ,she is us cit as is my son 4,i have had to spend a xxxx load of money to try and return. my advice is get a GOOD lawyer ,with that many theft related offences you will have a nightmare,let alone the fraud.if i can advise you please leave a message,good luck ,andy.

Filed: Other Timeline

It lists the following:

1 conviction for theft

4 cautions for theft

Thank you!!!!

hi

hi,oh boy ! i am now back in england after having g.c.denied because of convictions,i had 2 theft ,petty fines and was denied with no appeal.my family and i are now going through it all again,we lived there for 7 years ,she is us cit as is my son 4,i have had to spend a xxxx load of money to try and return. my advice is get a GOOD lawyer ,with that many theft related offences you will have a nightmare,let alone the fraud.if i can advise you please leave a message,good luck ,andy.

andywv, could you elaborate on this a bit more if you don't mind?

How did you attempt to adjust your status? In other words, were you in the US on the VWP, married and then filed?

If so, how long was it between your entry - then your marriage - then your filing.

I'm not asking these questions to be nosy. Let me explain.

When one interviews at the consulate for a family based visa, you must produce police certificates for all nations lived in more than 6 months.

There is no such requirement when filing stateside for Adjustment of Status.

Therefore, there have been threads in the past discussing how deeply the petitioners background is investigated during AOS when one files from the VWP.

If you don't care to comment further, I understand. But if you would, it might help answer those previous questions.

It lists the following:

1 conviction for theft

4 cautions for theft

Thank you!!!!

hi

andywv, could you elaborate on this a bit more if you don't mind?

How did you attempt to adjust your status? In other words, were you in the US on the VWP, married and then filed?

If so, how long was it between your entry - then your marriage - then your filing.

I'm not asking these questions to be nosy. Let me explain.

When one interviews at the consulate for a family based visa, you must produce police certificates for all nations lived in more than 6 months.

There is no such requirement when filing stateside for Adjustment of Status.

Therefore, there have been threads in the past discussing how deeply the petitioners background is investigated during AOS when one files from the VWP.

If you don't care to comment further, I understand. But if you would, it might help answer those previous questions.

hi,basically i went to US on regular vwp,met my wife ,got married.dad was taken ill and i had to come home.wife filed i-130 in US and that allowed me to submit k-3,that was denied and then approved.went back and filed for adjustment .this took 4 years to get denied because of convictions.we were advised by imm and several lawyers that it was all over and came back to UK.i now have alawyer who has torn their denial to shreds and we are currently going through it all again.hope this has helped ,thanks ,andy.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you for your candor, Andy. I'm sorry to hear of this mess and I hope your lawyer can help you unravel it? Are your wife and young son with you in the UK?

I still think your story in interesting. I presume you produced a police certificate and had to file a waiver to get your K3 approved? If so, it's interesting to me that these same crimes caused a denial of your status adjustment.

Edited by rebeccajo

Thank you for your candor, Andy. I'm sorry to hear of this mess and I hope your lawyer can help you unravel it? Are your wife and young son with you in the UK?

I still think your story in interesting. I presume you produced a police certificate and had to file a waiver to get your K3 approved? If so, it's interesting to me that these same crimes caused a denial of your status adjustment.

hi, yes they are both here ,HOMESICK !! apparently i should have not been issued a k-3 if i was to be denied or the convictions would cause a problem when adjusting,NOBODY should be issued a k-3 after being denied apparently. it should be an immigrant visa not a non immigrant ,you cannot be denied adjustment with an imm visa ,whereas ,you can with a non,thanks for your interest,andy.

hi, yes they are both here ,HOMESICK !! apparently i should have not been issued a k-3 if i was to be denied or the convictions would cause a problem when adjusting,NOBODY should be issued a k-3 after being denied apparently. it should be an immigrant visa not a non immigrant ,you cannot be denied adjustment with an imm visa ,whereas ,you can with a non,thanks for your interest,andy.

Andy did you not file a incountry waiver, or was it the waiver that you got denied ?

Edited by youngie

Andy did you not file a incountry waiver, or was it the waiver that you got denied ?

hi,filed waiver here for denied k-3 ,approved,i-485 denied in US ,no appeal,i-601 sent to US address after we left ,denied.

hi,filed waiver here for denied k-3 ,approved,i-485 denied in US ,no appeal,i-601 sent to US address after we left ,denied.

someone screwed up. your crimes dont sound serious enough to be denied.

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am posting to update our situation. I flew over from Minnesota yesterday to be with my husband for the interview today. It took a little over 2 hours. Even with his 4 cautions for theft, 1 conviction for theft, 1 caution for fraud, and 1 caution for drunk and disorderly, he was APPROVED! I would like to note that the person that we handed all the paperwork to spent a long time looking over the UK police report and said "oh, they are just cautions"

I did have a short brief that Laurel Scott did for us, but they didn't even look at it.

All in all, a very pleasant morning!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
I am posting to update our situation. I flew over from Minnesota yesterday to be with my husband for the interview today. It took a little over 2 hours. Even with his 4 cautions for theft, 1 conviction for theft, 1 caution for fraud, and 1 caution for drunk and disorderly, he was APPROVED! I would like to note that the person that we handed all the paperwork to spent a long time looking over the UK police report and said "oh, they are just cautions"

I did have a short brief that Laurel Scott did for us, but they didn't even look at it.

All in all, a very pleasant morning!

congrats!

K-1 - VSC

Aug 2005 -- 1st trip, We meet, become friends; Jan 2006 -- start dating

April 2006 -- 2nd trip, We get engaged; Sept-Nov 2006 -- 3rd trip, More time together

Feb 8, 2007 -- Mailed 129-F package to VSC

Feb 13 -- NOA1!

Feb 19 -- Touched

Feb 20 -- check cashed! NOA1 arrives snail mail!

Feb 22 -- Touched

Mar 8 -- NOA2 email!

Mar 12 -- NVC recieves

Mar 15 -- NVC sends out

Mar. 26 -- Packet 3!

Apr 17 -- Medical

Apr 24 -- Interview, Approved!

Apr 27 -- Picked up passport

May 4 -- POE JFK

May 19-- Apply for SS#

Jul 13 -- Married!

Jul 24 -- Sent out AOS/EAD paperwork

End of Aug -- NOA for EAD and AOS

Sept 6 -- Biometrics

Sep 21 -- Email that AOS app was transfered to CSC

Sept 24 -- Email that EAD is on its way

Oct 10 -- EAD card recvd

Nov 10 -- Email that AOS APPROVED!!!!! (no interview)

Nov 16 -- Green card arrives in mail

http://fiancevisatz.blogspot.com/

"Love always finds its way home"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.