tonyeck

UK medical data advice

11 posts in this topic

Just a quick question, if that's ok :)

I recieved my Packet 3 on Wednesday, but haven't been able to have a proper look until today. Given my current situation, I am very busy until the 30th April which is ideally when I would like to schedule the medical. Once scheduled, I will send back the packet on Monday and contact the Embassy regarding the interview date once it is recieved. Does the Embassy require a certain time have passed between the medical and the interview? Obviously they won't offer the visa until the medical checks out, but will they only schedule the interview say a month after the medical?

I have been searching to find the answer but get mixed results such as having the medical one day and the interview the next. Surely that is not enough time? Wonder if someone could clear this up?

Just trying to time plan the best I can for idea times :)

Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been asked over and over again

Tony and Dannie

(edit - I obviously am great at proof reading - the title was meant to say date - not data :wacko::help: )

Edited by tonyeck

Tony (UK) and Danielle (US) K-1 Visa journey

2007:

February, 06: Sent I-129f package to the US to be routed to Vermont

February, 09: I-129f forwarded to Vermont USCIS from US Home

February, 12: I-129f arrives VSC :) Journey really starts!

February, 13: NOA1 Reciept date

February, 16: VSC Cashes the check

March, 09: NOA2 Email. yay!

March, 11: Touched... Probably for the last time at VSC :)

March, 14: NVC Recieved package

March, 15: NVC Sent package to London

March, 20: Package recieved in London

March, 28: Packet 3 recieved!

April, 2: Packet 3 Sent back to London

April, 10: Packet 3 recieved by London Embassy

April, 17: Packet 4 recieved

May, 1: Medical

May, 29: Interview! - APPROVED

June, 1: Visa in Hand

July 18: Fly back together POE

July, 24: Legally married!

July 27: Filed for AOS

July 30: AOS recieved in Chiacgo

August 24: NOA1 for EAD, AP and AOS

September 15: Real Marriage with friends and family

September 18: Biometrics

October 3: EAD card production ordered!

October 11: EAD card in hand!

October 15: Case forwarded to California!

Nov, 08: Card production ordered! AWESOME

Nov, 15: Green Card Recieved (even though it's yellow)! AWESOME

To my knowledge, they can schedule the interview even if they don't have the medical results yet. Though you'd walk out of there knowing only you have the visa 'pending the medical results'. So there's certainly no issue with having your medical one day and the interview the next (I know there have been members here who have done that, in fact).

Personally I'd rather my fiance walk out of there KNOWING he had it, not having to somehow try and hook back up with them to get them his passport, etc. once the medical results came in. So I'd be inclined not to send back packet 3 until just before your medical so that they'll have everything they need as they try to find you an interview time.

But that's me.

Edited to say thanks for your timeline data - I'm hopeful that my fiance will have his packet 3 before I fly over on Apr 15th. :)

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

I would also rather walk out of the embassy knowing... I can't wait for that day! So maybe I'll wait a little bit before sending it back... Am I right in saying that the packet 3 is sent back in 2 different parts? I am sure I have seen that question asked before but couldn't find it again - I think it was embedded in another topic somewhere!? The 2 parts being the DS Forms online, and then secondly when you have collected all the information required and are ready to schedule an interview?

I'm so glad things will move fast for you now Tracy - You derserve it. I see you're a RUSH fan? They are doing a World tour this summer aren't they...

2007:

Some people schedule their medical for the same day as their interview to avoid making two trips to London. Then they have to wait until their medical results get to the Consulate before a decision is made about the visa. My husband's interview was two weeks after his medical and they had the results, so it doesn't take long for them to arrive.

I think it is less stressful to have the medical done ahead of time. Then when you go for your interview, they can tell you right away if you're going to get the visa.

I would also rather walk out of the embassy knowing... I can't wait for that day! So maybe I'll wait a little bit before sending it back... Am I right in saying that the packet 3 is sent back in 2 different parts? I am sure I have seen that question asked before but couldn't find it again - I think it was embedded in another topic somewhere!? The 2 parts being the DS Forms online, and then secondly when you have collected all the information required and are ready to schedule an interview?

I'm so glad things will move fast for you now Tracy - You derserve it. I see you're a RUSH fan? They are doing a World tour this summer aren't they...

I think people have sent it back in 2 parts - there was a thread on here the other day about it, you're right. I thought the two 'parts' were the forms and the checklist (but don't quote me on that!). I thought the overriding idea from that thread was that it didn't speed things up any to do so. I'll see if I can find it again and bump it.

:) Thanks - he and I are really ready to pick up speed. Literally all we need is to get the stuff from the consulate. He's got everything else he needs (except the forms from me, which I am taking over on the 15th).

Yes - Rush tour this summer!! :D :D I already have my tickets. :lol: Chas and me (plus a girlfriend of mine) are meeting some other Rush fans down in San Antonio to see that gig together. Its on August 12th. We're so damn excited. Chas and I met on a Rush message board, so to be able to see them together? We're ecstatic about it.

Is it weird that I am doing that and foregoing a 'wedding'? :lol: (You are NOT required to answer that...!)

SA4userbar.jpg

Yes - Rush tour this summer!! :D :D I already have my tickets. :lol: Chas and me (plus a girlfriend of mine) are meeting some other Rush fans down in San Antonio to see that gig together. Its on August 12th. We're so damn excited. Chas and I met on a Rush message board, so to be able to see them together? We're ecstatic about it.

Is it weird that I am doing that and foregoing a 'wedding'? :lol: (You are NOT required to answer that...!)

:lol:

Seeing Rush is a perfect way to end the K1 part of the process :)

2007:

WHEW I was starting to think we sounded like weirdos or something!

Not as if I care.

After all, as the song goes, 'Conform or be cast out.' I choose to never conform!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

SA4userbar.jpg

Yup 3/4 days to get it over to the embassy. I had my medical about a month and a half before my interview.

But I scheduled mine as soon as I got the packet and scheduled it for 2 weeks ahead of then....and then I sent my checklist back sometime...lol.

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.