Paul and Laura

Prepping for K1 Interview - Police Reports

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Paul and Laura said:

tab4768

Sorry for not replying sooner.  My fiancee went to the Agencia de Administracion Penetenciaria de Nuevo Leon in downtown Monterrey.  She asked for and received the letter for just a couple of pesos and in very short time.  During the interview they asked for many documents and only asked a few questions about her knowledge of me, my work, where I lived, etc. Since she does not have a criminal past there were zero questions about those topics nor the document she provided.

I hope this is helpful

Great to hear from you. So she got only the state report? My fiance also being an immigrante to Mexico, if he had a criminal past here, he would be deported. Did her checklist for the interview include getting the police certificate? Just curious :)

Glad all went smoothly for you. Hoping for the same with us.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, tab4768 said:

Great to hear from you. So she got only the state report? My fiance also being an immigrante to Mexico, if he had a criminal past here, he would be deported. Did her checklist for the interview include getting the police certificate? Just curious :)

Glad all went smoothly for you. Hoping for the same with us.

He should get a police report from each place/state/country where he lived 6 months or longer

Timeline
2 hours ago, Paul and Laura said:

He should get a police report from each place/state/country where he lived 6 months or longer

Oh I know that...But Mexico has three divisions of police reporting as none of them communicate with the other...Local, state and Federal. Just curious what she did. Did she fly to Mexico City to get the Federal as that is the only way. Did her checklist specifically list her to get the state police report?

Timeline

She only got the one from Monterrey, NL (the state level).  I just spoke to her and she says no one asked her specifically about the document during any part of the day of her interview nor when she entered the USA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.