LondonWelsh

VISA GRANTED! (London interview)

11 posts in this topic

Hello all

Just to reassure anyone currently waiting to go to their interview in London I can report my experience today was very painless! I was in and out in around an hour having gotten there early - my interview was at midday and I was out at around 12.15pm!

I had what I thought was a fairly complex case with a joint-sponsor and relying on his (Father in Law's) assets to prove income but in the end I maybe needed 20% of the extensive paperwork I had prepared! However I would still advise being as prepared as possible- it made me feel a lot better that whatever they asked (husband's intent to re-establish domicile etc) I had ample documentation to prove everything.

Happy to answer any questions on the experience :) (inbetween frantically booking flights etc, we are moving in 3 weeks!)

LWx

PS Big thanks to everyone who helped me on this forum, especially Nich-Nick, at times it felt like this day wouldn't come so I'm a bit in shock that it's finally over!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

hi! i'm so glad to see good news! i'm so worried that i won't be able to get all paperwork sorted..i had my NOA1 on the 15th of July, NOA2 on the 6th Sep. i'm about to get my Police Certificate so i will be waiting until i get LDN case number and get med test.

I also need to ask about the medical exam. i don't have vaccination records - i listed them to my GP. I hope he will be able to write an immunization report? i'm about to get a flu jab this week. Do they CHECK everything? I need to find out how quickly you had that sorted? i'm also about to give my notice to my work just when i got my interview date. Do you think it could be not authorized for some reason? (i'm sorry for so many question!!!)

Will you be having your interview in London? When you have your medical, if they're not satisfied with your vaccination records you can pay to have extra done at your medical in Knightsbridge... They will want official records of your vaccinations, yes, and will give you records of any vaxes you get with them.

Hope that helps :)

hi! i'm so glad to see good news! i'm so worried that i won't be able to get all paperwork sorted..i had my NOA1 on the 15th of July, NOA2 on the 6th Sep. i'm about to get my Police Certificate so i will be waiting until i get LDN case number and get med test.

I also need to ask about the medical exam. i don't have vaccination records - i listed them to my GP. I hope he will be able to write an immunization report? i'm about to get a flu jab this week. Do they CHECK everything? I need to find out how quickly you had that sorted? i'm also about to give my notice to my work just when i got my interview date. Do you think it could be not authorized for some reason? (i'm sorry for so many question!!!)

How long did it take from when you filed the application at the embassy to getting a approval ??

I did dcf my husband is from a different country though.

I'm getting closer to my due date and I do NOT want to give birth aboard

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Hello all

Just to reassure anyone currently waiting to go to their interview in London I can report my experience today was very painless! I was in and out in around an hour having gotten there early - my interview was at midday and I was out at around 12.15pm!

I had what I thought was a fairly complex case with a joint-sponsor and relying on his (Father in Law's) assets to prove income but in the end I maybe needed 20% of the extensive paperwork I had prepared! However I would still advise being as prepared as possible- it made me feel a lot better that whatever they asked (husband's intent to re-establish domicile etc) I had ample documentation to prove everything.

Happy to answer any questions on the experience :) (inbetween frantically booking flights etc, we are moving in 3 weeks!)

LWx

PS Big thanks to everyone who helped me on this forum, especially Nich-Nick, at times it felt like this day wouldn't come so I'm a bit in shock that it's finally over!

Great news LondonWelsh!! Can you tell me a little more about the intent to re-establish domicile? This is the one thing I'm worried about as we are moving and then looking for work. My husband (USC) has been talking to his contacts and networking but doesn't officially have a job lined up. What did they ask? What evidence did you give?

Any advice appreciated!! Our interview is 31st October.

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

To be honest I'm not the best to advise on timings as ours were all a bit screwy- I had my medical way too early in the process! I'm sure things can be done quicker than we did!

yes, i'm getting it done in London. How long it took from NOA2 to interview?

I've just mentioned to someone else on here that our timings were a bit screwed up as I had my medical a bit early on in the process and we took a long time about everything so I'm not the best to advise on that side of things - I was more offering advice on the London interview itself if anyone had any concerns :) Sorry to not be more use in this case! Good luck with everything x

How long did it take from when you filed the application at the embassy to getting a approval ??
I did dcf my husband is from a different country though.
I'm getting closer to my due date and I do NOT want to give birth aboard

Hiya!

I got confused by your timeline but I'll try to help :)

Basically what I took to the interview was a signed letter from my husband with a bullet list of things we'd done to prove intent to re-domicile. In our case this was:

- a letter from my husband's Dad to confirm he would give us a house to live in rent free for a year, and he would give my husband work. We also had mortgage docs to prove home ownership.

- emails to a preschool we are hoping to enrol our son into

- emails to removal firm to ship our things out to the States

- My husband's Indiana drivers licence

- Son's US birth docs (we got his US birth cert and passport soon after he was born even though he was born in the UK cos we thought we might want to move to the States)

- Email declining our son's school place in the UK.

In the end though, we weren't asked for any of this. The guy at the window just asked where my husband was and then asked me "what is the plan?" so I told him we had a house to live in etc and offered to show him the documents but he said it wasn't necessary! I'm still very glad I had them though as they could easily have done so.

Hope this helps :)

LW x

Great news LondonWelsh!! Can you tell me a little more about the intent to re-establish domicile? This is the one thing I'm worried about as we are moving and then looking for work. My husband (USC) has been talking to his contacts and networking but doesn't officially have a job lined up. What did they ask? What evidence did you give?

Any advice appreciated!! Our interview is 31st October.

Filed: Timeline

That's awesome oh found it so painless! Our interview in the London embassy is October 3rd! So I'm just trying to get everything together. Just a question about your I-864 form, what did you put for your annual income? I'm struggling with this as I am employed and obviaouly have a salary in the UK, but I don't know whether I should convert this to dollars or to just say zero. Any help with this would be awesome thanks! Congrats again!

Hiya

It was me who had the interview and my husband is the American one in our situation. So I didn't put anything down for my income, are you the one filling in the I-864? You're the American citizen and petitioner? In that case I think they expect you to have filed with the IRS and will need to show what the amount is you've earned over here in dollars. Does that make sense? That's what my husband did, he back-filed with the IRS as he'd been over here in the UK for 10yrs and hadn't filed in all that time.

Hope that helps

LWx

That's awesome oh found it so painless! Our interview in the London embassy is October 3rd! So I'm just trying to get everything together. Just a question about your I-864 form, what did you put for your annual income? I'm struggling with this as I am employed and obviaouly have a salary in the UK, but I don't know whether I should convert this to dollars or to just say zero. Any help with this would be awesome thanks! Congrats again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.