shanghailove

Work location/moving states before Green Card interview

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Africa
Timeline

I have a somewhat unique situation that I'm hoping to get some insight into. There is a possibility that my husband will be transferred to another country, another state or potentially find new employment altogteher. I have been interviewing for jobs the last few months and I'm finally getting close to receiving an offer. Everything is up in the air at the moment but we'd like to get some clarity before we make any decisions. We are both career driven and our careers are very important to us.

We have submitted our AOS on 02/08/2016

EAD received 04/09/2016

Green Card Interview is pending... I suspect it will be in the next 2-5 months (Denver seems to be one of the slowest offices in the country...sigh)

What are the implications if my husband (sponsor) takes a temporary (1-2 yr) internal company transfer to another country and I (immigrant) reside in the USA? We would see each other every few months.

What are the implications if myself and my husband are temporarily employed/living in different states and only see each other on weekends and holidays?

If we both accepted new jobs in the same state, other than Colorado (where our application is pending), and updated our location prior to an interview, how does this impact our waiting time for an interview (e.g., do we get moved to the back of the "line" for that state)?

Thank you in advance for any advice!

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS & EAD

02/01/2016 Package delivered ( Chicago Lock Box)
02/08/2016 Received sms NOA1--AOS/EAD/AP
02/08/2016 Check Cashed
02/11/2016 Biometrics Letters received

03/10/2016 Rescheduled Biometrics appointment (was out of state)
03/21/2016 Biometrics Appointment

03/29/2016 Case ready for an interview

04/09/2016 EAD/AP Card being produced

04/14/2016 EAD/AP Card Received

09/14/2016 Received Notice For Interview 10/20/2016

10/20/2016 Interview Scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.