laci1806

Questions about Ukrainian passport info on DS-160

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm not sure how to answer the following questions on the DS-160

1. Passport book number. Do Ukrainian passports have this? If so, where can I find it?

2. Country/authority that issued Passport. I see on the passport it says: Authority with a 4 digit number under it. Do I use this number? Or just write: Ukraine?

3. City where issued. Do I say not applicable? Or write the name of the town he obtained it? Or write Odessa which is the capital city of his oblast?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

1. Passport book number - DOES NOT APPLY.

2. Country - Ukraine

3. City - you can't write DOES NOT APPLY. Put the name of city his passport was issued. If it's Odessa - write Odessa.

Edited by ToddB

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

He applied for and received his passport in the city of Bilyavka. But I think technically they sent the application off to Odessa to be processed . Would he just put Bilyavka? Or Odessa?

It asks in one place for the Country/Authority that issued the passport then right below it asks Country/Region where it was issued. Would this be Ukraine too? Or is this where he should write Odessa Oblast?

Thanks for your help!

Timeline

looking at my DS-160.. Yes, for some reason i printed it out and keep it... Don't know why ;)

I wrote:

1 Country / Authority that issued - Ukraine

2. City where Issued - Kiev

3. Country/Region Wher Issued - Ukraine.

Could you write those 4 digit number?... I'll try to figure out was it Odessa or Bilyavka?... Usually those numbers it's a code of area..

Edited by ToddB

Timeline

Ok. About those 4 digit numbers: they are the code of territorial agency or unit of Ministry of Internal Affairs, which issued the passport for travel abroad. I was hoping to find something like "list of codes of those units" or so, using 4 numbers in my passport.. But, no luck, sorry..

So, in your case, I would write the city your Fiance had to go to pick up his issued passport. If it was Bilyavka, I would write Bilyavka, Odessa region, Authority XXXX..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.