goflyerz

Re oath required in Montreal please help

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, SMCANADA said:

Good Luck Baby 74! Best of luck for your success!

I had my re-oath interview yesterday (CR1). My appointment was at 2:30pm and I arrived 15mins earlier. My husband came with me. We were waiting at the Starbuck the other side of the street before our appointment because we knew that they will not let us enter in before 2:15pm.

I was in AP for 57 days when I received my re-oath letter.

Our case might be different from other re-oath case. We had an event on the Champlain border in December 2015 that consular officer wanted more info about what happen. At the first interview, the Consular asked a question about that event and I explained that I withdraw my application for admission. She didn't asked more questions. But the re-oath interview was mainly to explain in detail what happen at the border. He had all the detail of the FIOA from the CBP. The Consular officer was professional and went deep in detail with all his questions and wanted clarification about what happen before making any decision about my visa.

Fist, he interrogated me for 15-20mins and after he interrogated my husband for 15mins. They never asked the presence of my husband to the interview but he wanted to be there the support me (even if he was really sick with food poisoning for the past 3 days), and we knew that it could be helpful for our case if he is there to answer question to the consular officer. During my interview I told the consular officer that my husband was in the waiting room and do not hesitate to call him if they need to clarify things.

Finally after 1hour at the consulate, the officer gave us the Welcome letter (the second one ! ) told us that my visa will  be issue.  30mins after the interview , it was "Ready" and  2 hours after the interview it was "Issue".

This is our case. I might be very different from other case of re-oath that I read about, that is very short and they received the Welcome letter right away.

I'm moving with my husband in 10 days and we are so happy that now, we can build our life together ! YAY !!

Good luck to all :)

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, baby74 said:

I had my re-oath interview yesterday (CR1). My appointment was at 2:30pm and I arrived 15mins earlier. My husband came with me. We were waiting at the Starbuck the other side of the street before our appointment because we knew that they will not let us enter in before 2:15pm.

I was in AP for 57 days when I received my re-oath letter.

Our case might be different from other re-oath case. We had an event on the Champlain border in December 2015 that consular officer wanted more info about what happen. At the first interview, the Consular asked a question about that event and I explained that I withdraw my application for admission. She didn't asked more questions. But the re-oath interview was mainly to explain in detail what happen at the border. He had all the detail of the FIOA from the CBP. The Consular officer was professional and went deep in detail with all his questions and wanted clarification about what happen before making any decision about my visa.

Fist, he interrogated me for 15-20mins and after he interrogated my husband for 15mins. They never asked the presence of my husband to the interview but he wanted to be there the support me (even if he was really sick with food poisoning for the past 3 days), and we knew that it could be helpful for our case if he is there to answer question to the consular officer. During my interview I told the consular officer that my husband was in the waiting room and do not hesitate to call him if they need to clarify things.

Finally after 1hour at the consulate, the officer gave us the Welcome letter (the second one ! ) told us that my visa will  be issue.  30mins after the interview , it was "Ready" and  2 hours after the interview it was "Issue".

This is our case. I might be very different from other case of re-oath that I read about, that is very short and they received the Welcome letter right away.

I'm moving with my husband in 10 days and we are so happy that now, we can build our life together ! YAY !!

Good luck to all :)

Congratulation Baby 74! I am very happy that you approved on the the spot. yes my case is different, i had a interview last year then visa was issued , then they noticed that my DS 260 expired and now they want us to return consulate for re-oath.  

Question: They requested us to bring only copy of interview email and nothing else. Did they ask you to bring any other documents? Is there any rental place where we can keep our key, cellphones etc?  If you arrive 15 minute early, then at what time they will take you up....within 10minute or you wait outside in a line?

I have 2:00pm appointment and we are traveling from alberta and just planning to book our return ticket on same day. So i just want to know if my appointment is 2:00pm then probable they will not take more than 1 hour in consulate from 2pm?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, SMCANADA said:

Congratulation Baby 74! I am very happy that you approved on the the spot. yes my case is different, i had a interview last year then visa was issued , then they noticed that my DS 260 expired and now they want us to return consulate for re-oath.  

Question: They requested us to bring only copy of interview email and nothing else. Did they ask you to bring any other documents? Is there any rental place where we can keep our key, cellphones etc?  If you arrive 15 minute early, then at what time they will take you up....within 10minute or you wait outside in a line?

I have 2:00pm appointment and we are traveling from alberta and just planning to book our return ticket on same day. So i just want to know if my appointment is 2:00pm then probable they will not take more than 1 hour in consulate from 2pm?

On my interview letter, they only asked to bring a copy of the email of the interview appointment. Because of our situation, the consular officer asked me if I have the FIOA. I didn't have it for the interview but I knew what was wrote on it from the CBP.

When you enter in the building security guards as to show your letter appointment and then you empty your pockets and take out coats, belt...etc. (same as the airport). The security guard at the Consular keep your keys and cell phone and give you a ticket to get it back after your interview.  As soon as you are done with the security, you go to the 19th floor where someone will guide you where to wait or where to show your papers.

It took us 1hour in and out so you'll probably be ok if you plan 1 hour max there.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, baby74 said:

On my interview letter, they only asked to bring a copy of the email of the interview appointment. Because of our situation, the consular officer asked me if I have the FIOA. I didn't have it for the interview but I knew what was wrote on it from the CBP.

When you enter in the building security guards as to show your letter appointment and then you empty your pockets and take out coats, belt...etc. (same as the airport). The security guard at the Consular keep your keys and cell phone and give you a ticket to get it back after your interview.  As soon as you are done with the security, you go to the 19th floor where someone will guide you where to wait or where to show your papers.

It took us 1hour in and out so you'll probably be ok if you plan 1 hour max there.

So there were no line out side of the gate. I have to go inside right?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, SMCANADA said:

49 minutes ago, SMCANADA said:

I saw some people waiting outside but when we arrived there were no line outside. If no line outside, yes, you go inside.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.